We have our honeymoon booked!!! We are going to stay at the El Dorado Seaside resort in Mexico. It looks like a great place and heard great things from our travel agent! Now Oct 5 needs to hurry up and get here so we can leave for it!
Mom's To Do List (in order of importance)
- Alter Dress
- Make Veil
- Make Flower Girl Dress
- Make Pocket Squares (7)
- Make Bow Ties for Ring Bearers (2)
- Make Ring Bearers Pillows (2)
- Make Cake!!!! - Cake Baked, Bow for decoration, buy coco fondant, decorate cake
- Grooms cake (little bro)
- Stamp Napkins (Thanks to Grandma these got done!! wooohooo)
- OOT bucket cookies
My DIY Project List
- Invites - Design, Address envelopes, print invites, assemble, response cards, mail
- RD Invites - Design, Print, Assemble, Mail
- Card Box
- Favor Boxes
- Favors - 200 pieces of soap, boxes, assemble
- Bouquets - Bride, MOH, MOB, 2 grandmothers, Sister of groom
- Bouteneers - Groom, BM, Ushers (2), FOB, FOG, 1 Grandfather, RB (2)
- Centerpieces - Vases, candles, beads (white and blue), lights for inside
- Votives - 20 per table
- Place cards
- Reserved seat sign - Mr., Mrs., Bridal Party, MOB, FOB, FOG, Sister of groom, Grandparents (3), FG, RB
- Bridal Party Tank-tops
- Blinged out Bathing suit for HM
- Getting Ready Hoodie
- Getting Ready Pants
- "I Do" on shoes
- Rhinestones on shoes
- Save the Dates - Design, Print, Mail
- Bathroom Baskets (maybe) (2)
- Out Of Town Buckets - Sand Pail, Candy, Water bottle, Letter, Chips, Map (30)
- Tears of Joy Packets
- Maps - Design, Print, Assemble (60)
- Wreaths for church doors - Letters, hangers, wreaths
- Decorate toasting flutes
- decorate FG basket
- Make monogram
- Table Numbers
- Church - Lewes Presbyterian Church - $150 donation
- Minister - Buz Hughes - $100 gift card
- Reception Hall - St. Judes Life Hall - $1200 + refundable deposit of $600 PAID IN FULL
- Photographer - Donald Pope Photography - $1299 PAID IN FULL!
- DJ - Top Hat Entertainment - $480
- Limo - Surfside Limo - $300
- Caterer - Bob Cerilli - $2630 (includes food, setup, cleanup, RD food and delivery, servers, bar staff, rentals)
- Church Music - Connie??
- Hotel for wedding night - Victorian $250 - call in September to book
- transportation from gmas to airport - $86 - ABC Limo ($100)
- Buy Dress
- Buy Material for all mom's projects
- Buy suit for groom
- Bridesmaids dresses
- suits for best man and groomsman
- flower girl basket
- marriage licence - Septmeber $100
- Table linens
- chair covers
- chair sashes
- Book honeymoon
- Beer and wine for reception
- Drinks for rehearsal dinner
- hair and makeup trial
- seating chart
- engagement photos
- music list
- toasting flutes
- cake knife and server
- Gift for groom
- gifts for parents
- Gifts for bridal party - Brides Side, Grooms Side, FG, RB (2)
Ok I know there is a million things that aren't on this list but I can't think anymore right now!!! Help me out if you see anything missing!
I finally finished one of my Boutonnieres!!! I think this one is going to be my FI's then his Best man and grooms man will have an all blue one (since my girls will wear blue). I can't wait to get enough strands made to make my bouquet! Instructions are: http://www.projectwedding.com/wiki/show/how-to-make-a-beaded-bouquet-and-boutonni-re
***EDIT*** We decided that we will not do this :( It was taking a long time and I kept pushing it off to do other projects so we went with fake flowers (pics below)
We ended up deciding to use fake flowers to do all our florals for the wedding. I couldnt see spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on flowers that I wouldnt be able to enjoy very long since we leave the next day for the HM.
We got tons and tons of flowers when Michaels was having their dollar days sales last month. I think I cleaned out 2 stores and my mom cleared out 2 stores worth of stems! We ended up spending under $150 for everything! (and I think we will have leftovers, to use randomly) The stems were normally $4.99 a stem but marked down for the sale to only $1!!!
Here are the ones I have finished so far (the vases are at my moms so no pics of that yet...)
Bouts (FI will be all blue and everyone else will be the ivory)
Flower Pins for MOB, grandmas (2), and FSIL
Bouquets (Mine will be all blue and the MOH will have the blue and ivory one)
Here are our Engagement pics!!! Done by Don Pope in Dover Delaware.
Here are my STD's !!! They have a little magnet on the back so people can put them on their fridge! I ordered the paper form myexpressions.com and then printed the details on them using my home printer.
Here is my DIY card box! I love the way it turned out, but i think I may move the W and put it on top of the big box to take up some of that dead space on the second box... still messing around with it some!
I bought 3 boxes from Michaels and glued them together, then glued white tissue paper (in little squares) all over, I think it is like 6-8 layers!!! then I painted a clear/whiteish shimmer paint on top! Added the ribbon and called it a day!
I finally picked my wedding shoes!!! I ordered them from DSW for $60!! Here is a picture...except mine are silver, I am thinking of adding rhinestones to the front of the shoe and will post pictures later if I do!
and more shoe bling...
I made our monogram the other day... here they are:
The Big Winner!!!
My mom and I have decided that we are going to make my wedding cake... and since all we have ever made before have been single layer cakes (ok maybe a 2 layer round one but not sure that counts) and have never worked with fondant before we decided we better practice...Here is the first one we made. Its real simple cake, just to get the feel for the fondant. The next big one we do is in June and will be a 3 tier one just like my real cake will be!!!
Here is another one my mom made Mother's Day weekend...
Here is our "stacking" practice...
So I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair, but the makeup will change to be lighter with shades of pink and brown instead of the black...
Here are some Parasols I made! (PM me if you are interested in having me make a few for you!)
Here she is! (I did an article on how to make it if you are interested!)
And here is one I made for someone else
Here are our napkins. I bought just plain navy blue napkins and will be stamping our monogram onto them!
All we have decided on so far is that they will all wear navy suits and have these ties:
I designed these and had them printed by Vista Print (for free! I only paid shipping)
I bought this kit to use for my invites and will be adding some personal touches to them! More pictures to come when I get that far!
Update: They are done and in the mail!!!!!!!
Here is my DIY map! The navy blue will be cardstock and it will have a ribbon holding it together!
Here is my Blinged out Honeymoon Bikini!!! (I just hope I look good in it! FI says I am hot in it so I guess thats what matters most!)
--If you want to know how to do it see the directions I did for the hoodie, or contact me if you want me to make you a custom iron-on!--
Here are my cake table letters. FI and I decided that instead of having the "I Do" / "We Did" letters we would do our last name. I got plain wood letters from Michaels then painted them navy and added some bling!
We bought plain glasses at Pier 1 then I added some ribbon and rhinestones. The ribbon tied around the top fo the stem says "Eat drink and be married"
Its now official! We are good to go on Oct 3rd!!!
Originally I bought a dress at Kohls for the rehearsal dinner, it was a Max dress that was on sale for only like $15... well a few weeks ago I was in a small boutique in my town and tried on a calvin Klein dress that I just fell in love with... but it was $150 so I put it back. Well I haven't been able to get that dress out of my head since it fit soooo well, so I thought I would look for it online. I found it but couldnt find anywhere to buy it (but I think I had the style number wrong) I found one that was 95% identical on Overstock so ended up buying it... it is Calvin Klein and made out of the same stuff and looks just about the same (may even be the same who knows)... so here it is ... oh and it was only $82 on overstock!!!! I got the black one so I can wear it again and again!