Welcome to my New Years wedding planning page!
**December 28th 2011 - Ok we are just 3 days away from our big day! I'm feeling a little stressed about the little things that still need to be done, although when I look at my list of things to do, I've almost crossed it all off! Family is starting to arrive and we are very excited. A new years wedding is just perfect for us and we hope that everyone has a wonderful time! Now, its time for me to sit back and enjoy these next few days!! **
I am planning a wedding for New Years Eve in Vancouver. We felt New Years Eve is the perfect night to hold a Black-Tie Cocktail style wedding - the exact kind of wedding I imagined for us! But, time is running out and my head is spinning with things to do so thought I'd get organized and make up a bio to make my life easier. Thank you PW for helping me organize this exciting day for us!
The bridal party is out of town and thought this would be a good way for them to see how plans are coming along and also to get feedback from them. But its still top secret for the rest of the guests!!
Wish me luck that I can pull this off!!
This is us with our baby chihuahua Molly a few months before we got engaged. We met in 2008 and dated for 2 years. We love our little family and can't wait for the wedding to start our new life together xo
My ring means so much to me because all the smaller diamonds around all sides of the ring are from a ring that my husband to be's mom gave to us. I love the symbolism of a 3 stone ring - past, presnt, and future love <3
I have long hair and rarely wear it all up so I'm going to wear it down or with only a little up. Here are some hair ideas that I love xo
The photo of my dress -It's La Sposa Selene from Belleview Bridal. http://www.bellevuebridal.com/ The staff was so wonderful. It was the first store I looked at in Seattle and didn't need to look any futher!
I love the lightness of the lace and tulle! It's perfect for our New Years Eve wedding!
I love the look of long black bridesmaid dresses and have found the perfect ones from Nordstrom!
Since we are getting married on New Years Eve, I wanted something rich and glittery. My bouquet will be a mix of cream and light pink. The bridesmaids will be cream.
All the centerpieces will be small round bouquets of white and cream roses. Surrounding them will be many white and cream candles. Some tables will only have candles of different sizes. We will also have tall glass vases with white ostrich plumes to give a height difference. Around the room will be white curly branches draped in crystals. Since we are getting married in December I want it to feel rich, sparkly and white like snow. Swatches care of www.dessy.com
I just love these cakes! If I decide to go with the one with the ribbon, I may choose the ribbon to be cream or white in colour since our colours are white and silver...
Update...we are having cute little pink pop cakes instead! Since we are having a stand up cocktail wedding we thought it would be much easier to have a piece of cake on a stick rather than on a plate. A part of me will miss having one of these gorgeous cakes.
I have to say that I borrowed my uber organized MOH's To Do's list from her project wedding list from last year. She is right - it does help me sleep at night! (But OMG - I have a lot to do!!)
- Set a date
- Determine wedding day style & colours
- Complete guest list
- Distribute guest list to mom and MOH
- Create Web Page
- Choose wedding party
- Book ceremony/reception site
- Book Officiant
- Book Entertainment
- Book Florist
- Book Photographer
- Buy Dress
- Determine Menu
- Create wedding day Itinerary
- Distribute Itinerary to wedding party and MC
- Book Makeup Artist
- Book Hair stylist
- Book wedding designer/decide table ideas
- Book Transportation to ceremony
- Book Transportation for end of night
- Decide on Bridesmaid Dresses
- Register for gifts
- Make Honeymoon Plans
- Rent tuxedo's for groom and party
- Get/make cookies tags
- Buy sparklers
- Buy lanterns
- Create invitations
- Send invitations - October 20th
- Order wedding bands
- Find a seamtress for dress alterations
- Have dress fitted / steamed
- Complete song choices for DJ
- Order "Thank You" sign
- Purchase Guest Book
- Purchase Guest Book Pen
- Purchase New Years streamers, hats, etc.
- Decide on midnight event
- Brides Jewerly
- Appoint Ushers - groomsmen & groom
- Table trial with Michelle
- Send invites for rehearsal dinner
- Buy bridal party jewerly
- Organize Post Wedding Brunch details
- Purchase Groom's gift
- Purchase bridal party gifts - guys
- Purchase bridal party gifts - ladies
- Trial wedding favour cookies
- Wedding favour wrappers and ribbons
- Makeup trial
- Hair trial
- Buy candles
- Call Guest who haven't RSVP'd
- Pepare toasts
- Write vows
- Make a women's bathroom basket (hair spray, cream, etc)
- Make an emergency kit (sewing stuff, tide pen, etc)
- Make a list for the restaurant of what to pack
- Request wine (Red: Apothic Blend California White: Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc NZ
- Make a list of things to pack for the night before @ The Four Seasons
- Review Itinerary with MC
- Update guest list for next day brunch at Yew
- Get a trial centerpiece from florist
- Arrange lunch for wedding day
- Make pinata
- Arrange wedding card box
- Finish branch spraying
Since my husband to be is Mexican, we thought it would be appropriate to have a little latino mixed into our music selections.
Prior to procession: lounge music
1. Bridesmaid entrance: Somewhere Over the Rainbow - the Hawaiian ukeleleh version (sorry, can't think of his name off the top of my head!)
2. Bride entrance:
3. Post ceremony: lounge music
4. First Dance: Besame Mucho
5. Father & Daughter: I loved her first
6. Party music!
Melissa Montgomery was amazing - she worked with the limited amount of lighting available and was sweet the whole time! I can't wait to see what magic she did! Here is her sneak peak!
Non-professional: We had our ceremony and cocktail reception in the same restaurant venue - it was perfect! the weather cooperated and we were able to light wishing lanters, Have sparklers at midnight, and even have a celebratory Mexican pinata!! It was a lot of fun!