11-12 Months Before the Wedding (February - March '09)
- Officially announce your engagement.
- Set a time and date for the wedding.
- Decide style of ceremony (size, setting, formality, etc.)
- Contact wedding a officiate.
- Develop a budget and decide who will pay for what. **I'm in denial-not doing this**
- Begin compiling your guest list.
- Visit and reserve your reception site.
9-10 Months Before the Wedding (April - May '09)
- Order your wedding gown and determine who will make any necessary alterations.
- Choose your wedding party.
- Decide on a color scheme (consider the reception site).
- Meet with potential wedding professionals for your ceremony & reception. Interview local videographers, photographers, florists, DJs & Musicians, caterers, and bakeries. Be sure to get a contract that states wedding date, time, and location for each vendor, as well as the schedule for payments.
- Scout out accommodations for out-of-town guests.
7-8 Months Before the Wedding (June - July '09)
- Start shopping for wedding rings.
- Decide on honeymoon plans mini moon around Ireland!
- Decide on and order attendants gowns.
- Order invitations and other stationery needs.
5-6 Months Before the Wedding (August - September '09)
- Let your out-of-town guests know the date of your wedding so that they reserve the date and make any necessary travel plans. **knocking it off so I feel better!**
- Complete guest list.
- Shop for and taste test the wedding cake.
- Select and reserve attire for men in the wedding.
- Pre-marriage course **Saturday, September 12th**
3-4 Months Before the Wedding (October - November '09)
- Finalize flowers, including those needed for the reception decorations.
- Mail out information about hotels and city attractions to your out-of-town guests so they can make their plans. **not doing**
- Order wedding favors. **DIY- bags, powder, marshmallows, elastic, ribbon, tags**
- Order kids wedding favors. **bride & groom ducks**
- Order wedding rings to allow time for engraving.
- Begin working on vows, especially if you are writing your own.
2 Months Before Wedding (10 December '09)
- Finalize and book honeymoon.
- Mail out invitations.
- Complete name change paperwork for bank accounts, insurance, etc.
- Finalize music play list.
- Finalize order of service and write the wedding program.
- Touch base with your florist, caterer, and DJ to confirm date and times, etc. Get their cell phone number if you don't already have them.
- Book rehearsal dinner.
- Order wedding cake, if not ordered already.
- Finalize the menu with your caterer. **Saturday December 5th** (YUMMY!!)
1 Month Before (10 January '10)
- Order any rental items needed such as chairs, tents, lighting, if not included at wedding/reception sites. **none needed**
- Book hair/make-up/tan dry run, complete with your veil or headpiece. Hair: Wednesday February 3rd Make-up: (day of hen party!) Tan:
- Book wedding day beauty appointments. Hair / make-up / tan / nails
- Purchase bridesmaid gifts.
- Purchase groomsmen gifts.
- Schedule final fitting for wedding gown. Remember to bring wedding shoes, veil, and proper lingerie needed. WED 03 FEB!!!!!!!!!!
- Purchase your accessories: guest book (DIY - and colouring pencils) and pen set, ring pillow, flower girl baskets, unity candle, etc.
- Arrange for transportation needs for wedding party and out-of-town guests for the rehearsal and wedding day. Be sure to give the driver the addresses and schedules for all who will need transportation.
- Make programs **DIY- Cover page, vellum, paper, stamp, ink, crystal**
- Get eye exam and buy copntact lenses
2-3 Weeks Before (20 January - 3 February'10 )
- Organize any accessories needed such as ring pillow, flower girl basket, garter, and "something old, new, borrowed, and blue."
- Contact guests who haven't sent in RSVPs so that you can give the caterer a final headcount.
- Pick up wedding rings and check engraving before leaving the store. Store in a safe place!
- Confirm honeymoon hotel, airline reservations, and wedding night reservations, if not leaving until the next day. ***FIs JOB***
- Have hair trial and post pics on PW! Wednesday, 3rd of February
The Last Week!! (3 - 10 February '10)
Wedding Day Survival Kit
- Now is a good time to get a quick, but important task done. You should prepare payment envelopes for each of the service providers you will need to pay on your wedding day. This checklist will help you keep track of people you may need to pay on the wedding day:
Entrust these envelopes to someone who will remember to pay all of the necessary people on the wedding day.
- If necessary, pick up your marriage license from the town hall and keep it in a safe place. Arrange for someone to bring it to the rehearsal for the officiant to sign.
- Wrap favors and pack them into boxes.
- If either of you is moving, fill out change-of-address forms at your post office. If you are changing your last name, wait until after the wedding to change information on your driver's license, insurance, monthly bills, bank accounts, Social Security, etc. Most of these companies will require a copy of your marriage license, which won't likely be available until a few weeks after the wedding.
- Have your manicure and pedicure done. You may not have time for this on the day of your rehearsal or wedding.
- Pack for your honeymoon. Purchase anything you have forgotten, or go without! This will be your last opportunity to do any shopping.
- Confirm drop-off times with your florist.
- Arrange for one of your attendants to pick up your dresses and tuxes.
- Drop off your centerpieces, guest book, and favors at the reception site for the staff to arrange.
- Drop off your cake topper at the bakery.
- Your rehearsal: Don't forget the marriage license! This is a chance for you to practice your vows and get used to standing at the altar in front of people. Your officiant will discuss with you how the ceremony will unfold and in what order things will happen.
- Your rehearsal dinner: This should be a relaxing, fun time for the two of you as you anticipate a day that has been three months in the making! This is also an appropriate time to hand out your bridal party gifts.
- Take a long walk or schedule a massage to reduce stress. Gather your thoughts and mentally prepare yourself!
- Get in bed at a reasonable hour so that you'll look and feel your best for your wedding.
Wednesday 10th: The Wedding
Congratulations! Your wedding day has finally arrived. Here are the things that you will need to do before, during, and after your ceremony.
Before the Ceremony
- Eat breakfast! No matter how nervous you are, you will only feel worse if your stomach is empty as you walk down the aisle.
- Go to the salon for hair and makeup. Be sure to wear a button-down shirt to avoid ruining your hairstyle. Don't forget your veil, tiara, or any other hair accessories you plan to use.
- If necessary, be sure that someone is picking up all of the wedding party flowers.
- Assemble any personal items you will need in your wedding purse, including cash, aspirin, breath mints, antacids, or feminine products. Also, arrange for one of your family members to bring your going- away outfit to the reception.
- Touch up your nails if necessary.
- Get into your wedding gown, garter, and shoes. By now, the photographer will have probably arrived and begun to take pictures.
- When the limousine arrives, take a deep breath. This is it!
During the Ceremony
- Smile, smile, and smile. It's clinically proven to reserve any stage fright you may be feeling!
After the Ceremony
- Your photographer will want to take pictures of the newlyweds (you!), the wedding party, and the families.
- Get into the limousine to go to the reception!
- Your band or D.J. are the choreographers of the event and will announce all of the special dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, and last dance.
- Before your last dance, change into your going-away outfit if you have purchased one.
- Leave for your wedding night or honeymoon. PS: Don't forget the romantic goodies for your wedding night and honeymoon!
(List from http://www.brideandgroom.com/wedding-articles/12-month-checklist.asp & ivillage)