One of things I really wanted to have in our wedding was a photo booth. My first time exposure to this phenomena was at my FI's former employer's company holiday party last year (2007). They rented a booth from Red Cheese and I really liked our pictures. =)
But, who knew it was going to be so expensive!! We pretty much crossed that item off our list...until we reduced our guest count and made some wiggle room.. and I did my share of research to convince FI that we could afford it! And now, I get to share what I found!
Let me also add that I've experienced FotoCabina at my friend's recent wedding. It was also fun to have! It was more popular than the Red Cheese one, probably because of the location of it. The Red Cheese booth seemed lonely!
But I must say - I liked the photos from both booths - so no complaints about either!
After days of googling, emailing, and clicking (on rates pages), I came up with the following vendors and rates list. Warning! This is NOT a complete list, and the rates are based on my following criteria:
- 4 hours
- attendant to man the booth
- unlimited pictures
- CD of all the digital images
After deciding on a photo booth company, these were other things I considered:
- print time - how long does it take to print each picture = the maximum number of pictures you could print
- quality of print - faster doesn't always mean bad quality..but it might
Also, these rates are 2008, so 2009 might be higher..
- Sassy Booths - A Classic Booth from Sassy Booths start at $1,250, a Deluxe Booth (includes video) starts at $1,500. This rate is also for 5 hours, additional hours at $150/hour.
- Red Cheese - Basic Package includes 4 hours of service starts at $1399 and $1749 for deluxe. (thanks for the info slurpee!)
- Cheesy Photobooth - By far the cutest website! Their standard rate is $1,350, and includes scrapbook & supplies. Most companies have it separate.
- Capital Photo Booths - 5 hours of rental starts at $1,500, but doesn't include CD of images! And to customize
ANYTHING is extra - i.e. custom banner, custom booth color, custom etc...
- PhotoBooth NOW - $1,299 (for a limited time!), and includes double prints. But a custom exterior would be extra.
- Rent Photo Booths - Rates start at $695 $795 for 2 hours, and $975 $1075 for 4 hours (additional $140/hour). UPDATE Apparently, this is an unreputable company by rip off complaints such as this: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/370/RipOff0370235.htm -- I would stay clear
just to be safe! But do your own research by googling this company if you choose to use them anyway. =)
- Rock Star Photobooth - Rates start at $1,300 and they claim to be the lowest price
(includes tax) guaranteed! They don't seem to be, though. There are photo booths at lower prices, guaranteed! =P They tout "Price Match Guarantee", so if you want to use them, you can probably get them to give you a better price based on the info found
on this page. =)
- YourPhotoBooths.com - Rates start at $600 for 2 hours, or $800 $995 (new rates) for 4 hours. This includes props and customizable backdrop color. I think he also said the booth color itself can be customized to match your wedding colors, too (no additional charge). Tuan is also a photographer -
please check him out at two1studio.com. He has changed the website to http://www.instabooths.com/
- Hollywood Photo Booth - Rate starts at $1,175 (it went down since I last checked), and is free delivery/set-up within the greater LA area limit. If you want OC, then expect to pay a fee.
- Festive Photo Booths - Rates start at $700 (Silver Package), but it is NOT unlimited photos (up to 100 guests). For the Gold Package, expect to pay
$1,000 for 5 hours. But if you want 8 hours, then go Platinum for $1,500. If we wanted 8 hours, we'd probably choose this vendor.
- Photo Booth Scrapbooks - Obviously, this includes all your scrapbooking material needs, and rates start at $1,895. This is a
national company, and an overpriced one at that (IMHO).
Like I said, this isn't a complete list, and I'm sure there are others out there - but honestly, after I found such a great deal from YourPhotoBooths.com, I didn't feel the need to keep looking. =) Suffice to say, we are going with YourPhotoBooths.com, and we're hoping for the best!
UPDATE (3/27/09) - YourPhotoBooths.com could print quality prints in 27 seconds, but has since upgraded their system to provide high quality prints in 8 seconds! This is great improvement, and something to think about when finding a photo booth vendor!
Good luck to everyone - and let me know if you have any questions! If you want to add your photo booth to the list, leave a comment, and I will!
02/05/2009 at 11:00 pm
Wow! That is so helpful... you should post that on the forums!
02/05/2009 at 11:06 pm
I'm glad you found it helpful! How would I go about posting it on the forum? Like start a new thread?
02/07/2009 at 01:23 am
what an awesome list! wish you were around when i was doing the planning. :) surprised that redcheese didn't give you a quote!! that was my vendor. i like fotocabina too. redcheese basic was about $1399 and $1749 for deluxe when i booked them. i chose the deluxe package which includes unlimited pics, 4 hours (they stayed about 5), double prints, banner, cd of hi-res photos, online hosting. they are pricey, but i loved them! :)
02/07/2009 at 08:55 am
Ahh.. Red Cheese - my first photo booth love! (the first photo booth I knew of!) Too bad they were out of our price range! Thanks for the rates! I've added to the post.
02/09/2009 at 04:38 pm
this is fantastic! your bio is so helpful and detailed.
02/14/2009 at 07:28 pm
THANK YOU so much for sharing this info!!! I seriously had given up hope and thought there was no photobooths under 1,000. I'll have to share this info with my FI!!
And I agree cheesyphotobooths has the CUTEST website!!, but its too bad they r so expensive! :(
09/06/2009 at 07:48 am
omg girl first let me say congrats on ur big day soon 2 come! also 2 again say thank u so much 4 posting all ur helpful resources of vendors. i got married 3 weeks ago (aug 15) & used ur vendor u recommended 4 the photobooth & it was AMAZING! the quality is sensational & the pics didnt take long at all 2 develop, in fact less than 10 secs! it was such a huge hit @ my wedding! & im sure it will be @ urs! enjpy! & thanks so much 4 being so helpful & sweet! :)
11/30/2011 at 06:33 pm
The strap defines comfort in mulberry sale a shoulder bag. It should not become an annoyance or an inconvenience in the shoulder blades when worn while adjustable straps mulberry handbags give the wearer the advantage mulberry bags of setting the length of the strap while its size not only pertains to how Mulberry Bayswater big is the bag but also on how it will complement and harmonize with the figure of a woman.。Organization pertains to the pockets mulberry uk and dividers found eitherin the interior or exterior of the mulberry outlet bag. Most shoulder bags now have pockets for almost any specific use. Like the bags in Zip It, the Zip It mulberry sale bags Flings shoulder bags have different compartments for pens, coins, etc. Moreover, the styles of shoulder bags varies over the years' from the simple sack-type mulberry bayswater bags cloth bag, to the functional leather messenger bags and to the fun, funky and colorful bags like Zip It Flings. The bags in mulberry bayswater sale Zip It uses the zipper as its main material, thus the sound zip is where the name Zip It came. This innovative idea of a bag mulberry clutch bags makes it trendier, yet carries the same functionality just like mulberry clutch sale the other shoulder bags.For the women and student on the go, Zip It Fling has rooms for cell phones, mp3, lipstick, wallets and Mulberry bayswater oak keys. Simple and surprising, cool and fun, excellent mulberry purses sale casual lifestyle purse, carry your wallet, lipstick discount mulberry purses and keys, and great gift for all ages are the features of Zip It Fling.