[A little about us: My name is Jenn. I'm 21 years old. My major is commercial graphics, and I am currently applying for internships for the summer, ahh. I graduate in December 2009. My finance, Jay is 23 years old. He graduated last May and is currently working in Olathe. We met at Pitt State back in September 2005 my freshman year of college, randomly at his fraternity house. I told myself I wasn't going to have a boyfriend my freshman year, but my plan failed. We started dating November 2005...and now 3 and a half years later...here we are!!! Haha.]
Jay asked me to marry him on January 31, 2009. It was simple, sweet, and probably THE most exciting night of my life! He is my best friend, my other half. We are currently in the beginning stage of our wedding planning, and AHHHH there is so much I never even thought about?! So many details!! Haha. We're getting married on May 22, 2010. I am sooo excited!!!! =) =)
We are about 14 months out, but you can never start too early! Here is my very rough first draft of to do's.
- Meet with Father.
- Set date.
- Hire wedding planner. (deposit)
- Book church.
- Book Adams Pointe for reception. (deposit)
- Block off hotel rooms.
- Choose colors. (horizon, cornflower, & silver.)
- Get ring resized.
- Make rough guest list.
- Meet and book photographer.
- Meet and book cake vendor.
- Book florist.
- Book photobooth.
- Book DJ.
- Pick out entrees and cocktail displays.
- Find a place that will do STD's, pocket invitations, table numbers, menus, and programs.
- Pick out BM dresses.
- Send out BM's cards, along with dress info.
- Start purchasing BM's & FG's totes. (already started!-lands in.)
- Figure out favors. (reception & hotel.)
- Start planning out ceremony. (readings & songs.)
- Start looking for THE dress! =) (DUNZO! DB:first dress I tried on, 3/18/09. SOO EXCITED!!)
- Get color swatches from David's Bridal. (horizon & cornflower.)
More to come as things come up! =)