- 21 years old
- Student Midwife at University of Salford
- 21 years old
- Works in Asda
- We live in Salford, but are both from Lancashire, and this is where all our friends and family live. We thought it would be easier on everyone to get married close to the guests
- Lancashire is mainly countryside, so we didn't have that many options for the venue. We viewed 3 places in all, but the last one just 'felt' right
- It's a place called The Alma Inn, which is on a hill in the countryside - it's an old coaching inn, quite small, and traditional, but has recently been refurbished. It's really pretty and 'home-y' and has been voted as having the best food in Lancashire! We went for a meal there, and I can see why - the food was AMAZING!
- The room where we're having the ceremony and wedding breakfast is called 'the Garden Room' - it's surrounded by huge windows so is really light and airy, perfect for a summer wedding
- For the evening reception we'll also be opening up the adjoining lounge and bar areas to create more space
- The bedrooms are beautiful, especially the bridal suite, which has a huge all-singing, all-dancing jacuzzi bath!! Can't wait to try it out lol!
- UPDATE!: I've just been reading one of my wedding magazines, and one of the 'real-life' weddings was at our venue! I was sooo excited to see it in a magazine, especially as it's such a small place in the middle of nowhere! It looked fab on the pictures, and they described it as "modern, gorgeous and spacious" and the food sounded really good
- Baby pink, white and silver accents
- A romantic, princess theme, inspired by our mutual love of all things Disney!
- Girly, with hearts and flowers and lots of PINK!
- I've decided to have artificial flowers, as I love the idea of me and the bridesmaids being able to keep our bouquets as mementoes. Also, they're lighter, won't wilt on the day and won't give me hayfever!
- UPDATE: my bouquet is done, and it's exactly as I imagined, I LOVE it!! I think the florist is going to put some diamante pins in some of the roses
Buttonholes and Corsages
<--- groom's buttonhole
- I've ordered a custom dress from Milly Bridal which I designed myself, hopefully it will turn out perfectly!
- I really want a big, fluffy princess dress, but didn't really find much that I liked in the bridal shops. The only designers that do the type of dress I'm after charge £2000+ which is WAAAYY above my budget! Also, I'm really picky, so loved the idea of being able to have my dream dress, exactly the way I imagine it
- I spent endless hours on the internet, looking at dresses for inspiration, and ended up making a collage of all the different elements I want, and labelled the important details using 'Paint'
- The dress is based mostly on designs by Eleni Bridal and Hollywood Dreams - it's white with a full organza skirt, a taffeta corset bodice and overskirt. It has a sweetheart neckline, and is embellished with clear beads and Swarovski crystals, and has a lace trim on the semi-cathedral length train
- UPDATE: test dress take 2! to alter the shape of the overskirt
- I absolutely LOVE it and can't wait to see the finished dress!
- Dress almost finished!!
(lace on train)
- FINISHED DRESS!!! and veil
<3 <3 <3 I love it!!! <3 <3 <3
- First try-on!
- Close-up details
- I'm having 2 bridesmaids - my best friend Amanda, who I've known for 17 years, and Sarah, who I've known since she was a baby and was like my 'adopted' little sister (my mum's a childminder and looked after her for years)
- I'm also going to get their dresses from Milly Bridal, and they will be floor-length, baby pink dresses with straps, a scoop neckline and a sash around the waist. The skirt will be slightly flared and 'floaty', and the neckline will have scattered crystals
- UPDATE: the bridesmaids' dresses are finished and they look PERFECT!
- Dresses are here and better than I imagined!
- UPDATE: finally decided! Tall cylinder vases with white twigs with 'fluffies' (see above pic!), white and pink orchid stems, baby pink roses, white roses, pink calla lilies, crystal garlands, on round table mirrors with scattered table diamonds and tealights
- I will try to post a photo when I make a mock-up
- White satin pointed shoes, with a twist detail at the front and a diamante buckle
- Approx. 2.5inch stiletto heel
- Not what I would normally go for (I usually hate pointed shoes and was adamant they had to be round-toe, but I tried these on just to see, and I loved them!)
- I am wearing a cubic zirconia necklace with various shaped stones, and a drop in the middle. My grandparents bought it for my 21st birthday and it's gorgeous, the photo below really doesn't do it justice! Also, matching earrings and a diamante princess tiara!
- Semi-cathedral length two-layer veil with beading along the edge
- Me holding the veil up - it was way too long so had it altered!