I was the Project Wedding Community Coordinator for over a year but passed my crown to launch my wedding and special events agency -- Kristeen LaBrot Events!
If you would like more information on my services, please visit www.kristeenlabrotevents.com. I look forward to helping you plan the wedding that infuses your personal style and showcases your unique vision!
I've also created a blog that shows style trends and other things I love -- especially shoes!
It's not all wedding related. Check it out at www.thislifeloves.com!
Josh and I were married Saturday, November 22, 2008 in downtown Los Angeles. We had a very intimate wedding with only 80 guests. As cliche as it sounds, the day was perfect and am blessed to be married to such a wonderful man.
If you use any of these photos, please credit me and Trista Lerit, my photographer.
We were marriedt Marvimon, in downtown LA. Marvimon was my absolute dream venue - I fell in love with it the second I saw it.
* Dress - Nardo by Pronovias * Veil - borrowed from one of my bridesmaids
* Flower/Feather Hair Piece - custom piece by my sister * Shoes - Samantha by Grazia
* Bracelet - custom piece by Dana Saylor
My bouquet was an ethereal “two hander” filled with roses, ranunculus, tulips, stephanotis, phaleonopsis, and soft white feathers.
My Bridesmaid dresses were Jim Hjelm 5827. I bought them each a brooch for their gowns. Their bouquets were gorgeous with black feathers and a black satin wrap.
My sister was the world's best Matron of Honor.
My florist did a trail of river rocks and cymbidium orchids along our black aisle runner. We hung crystal chandeliers on the light strands that were already in place at Marvimon. A crystal curtain with cymbidium orchids was the background for our ceremony. We had manzanita, orchid and crystal arrangements on top of plexi columns on either side of us.
Our wedding cakes were made by Vanilla Bake Shop.
The following pages show my inspiration and DIY projects.
Our colors were black, ivory with hints of celadon green and gold.
We went with the black Birds & Leaves style from Paper-Source.
Calligraphy Katrina addressed our envelopes.
- Estella's Theme from Great Expectations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUdfoPPYSdk
- Your Song Instrumental from Moulin Rouge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbsjYlaVdk0
- Two by Ryan Adams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g695Q1t8MJc
- The Luckiest by Ben Folds Five http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwo-lwtwmHA
- Ave Maria by Chris Cornell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd2emzFAqv8
- Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space by Spiritualized http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOL1291ryKM
- The Adventure Final by Angels and Airwaves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdst3hN6utE
- Flashing Lights Instrumental by Kayne West http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llBJ74cGn1E
- Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRehmX3zlwE
Father / Daughter Dance
- My Wish by Rascal Flatts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_zi4OxJpY0
- Somebody Like You by Keith Urban http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9s-ZTCawak
- I'll Fall With Your Knife by Peter Murphy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17KYGhweps
I had 2 fittings with Mahtab - she's well worth the 90 minute drive each way.
Placecards (I glued the Swarovski crystals)
OOT Water Bottle Labels
The groomsmen and ushers will wear this tux/vest combo. My FI will have the same but with an ivory vest and tie.
I LOVE my rehearsal dinner dress. It's by BCBG. I cut the belt off - it was competing with the hem.
Per D1rty's request - I have added my shoes :)
Nine West Accolia
Josh and I went to Salton Sea for our e-pics. We had the best time - Trista is awesome!
My shower was Saturday, 9.27 at Marmalade in Sherman Oaks. My mom and sister flew in from Jacksonville, FL to host it for me which made it extra special.
Our venue is AMAZING!!! I fell in love with it the first time I saw a photo.
Trista Lerit is our photographer - check out her work. It's stunning.
We're using The Treasured Petal for our flowers and centerpieces.
Vanilla Bake Shop is doing our wedding cake and Josh's grooms cake.
JP of JPR Weddings is our officiant.
Angelina from All Made Up is doing my hair with extensions.
Beth Cocuzzi is my makeup artist.