Some of these crack me up!
It's tough to tell from the pic but his family behind us all have those gross rotted fake teeth from the vending machines in!
Boy Meets Girl
Notre histoire - Our Story
Before dating, Patrick asked me to marry him, proposing with a green wristband from a concert he went to earlier that day. I laughed, said yes, and asked when we should do it. He replied, “next month.” Which happened to be November. Only I happened to be dating someone else at that time!
Years later, timing was finally right and we started dating. He proposed and when it came to picking a date, November was the obvious choice!
We're now on our journey as husband and wife and I couldn't be more excited!
"My destiny is in your arms"
After only a few months of dating Patrick took me to Paris. While sitting outside of Eiffel Tower, with a ring from Tiffany's, a bottle of wine, cheese and a baguette, Patrick told me he loved me for the very first time.
In that same trip, we strolled the Vatican to see Michelangelo, explored the Louvre to visit Mona Lisa, attended French mass in the Notre Dame Cathedral. We took a romantic gondola ride through the watery streets of Venice and ate pizza every day in Italy while sitting next to Roman Ruins.
Since then, we've visited the old city of Quebec and eaten lunch with Mickey and Minnie at Disneyworld. We've even snorkled beautiful Molokini crater in Hawaii and celebrated a birthday at a luau!
In Rome I tossed three coins over my shoulder into the Trevi Fountain and made a wish...
'Will you Marry me?'
We walked the town exploring side streets and neighborhoods for hours. I was tired, cranky, and my feet were sore. Eight miles later Patrick finally stopped at a clearing by the water where we layed on our towels in the grass by the sand.
I closed my eyes Patrick said, "let’s practice our French." He began counting and practicing simple phrases while I continued to lay with my eyes closed absentmindedly listening to him practice.
I heard, "veux-tu m'épouser."
Confused, but thinking nothing of it I asked him to repeat it, "veux-tu m'épouser," he said again.
"Huh?" I said sitting up even more confused.
That's when I saw him with a tiny deep blue box in his hand when I finally translated for me, "Will you marry me?"
Flowers Taunton Flower Studio
Ceremony St. Michael Church Fall River, MA
Tux Rentals Tux Towne
Hair & Makeup Options
Transportation Sentinel Limo
Reception Venue Newport Marriott , RI
Bridesmaid Dresses Gilda's Bridal
'Purple and Black are magnificent'
I went with mostly black and ivory with a few purple accents.
I was super late on taking these. With two months left until the big day, we headed downtown New Bedford.
The night before our wedding (11.11.11) we snuck away for a few minutes during our rehersal dinner. We hid in my car and I gave DH his B-Pic book. I'm so happy I had my camera to record his reaction!
These pictures crack me up everytime!
We're on the moon!
For our Honeymoon we spent 15 days in Antigua!
The first five days we scored a sweet deal on Ideeli and got almost 70% off at Galley Bay Resort it was all inclusive, quiet and beautiful! We mat an awesome couple there and took a catamaran around the island.
Our next resort was Sugar Ridge we did not do all inclusive here. It wasn't right on the beach like Galley Bay, so we decided to spend our time here exploring different beaches and heading into town. The infinity pool here was AMAZING! (check out photos below!) Best sunset of the trip were right out here.
We finished our trip at another all inclusive resort, Sandals. This resort had the most food! I've never eaten so much in my life and I'm sure I came home 10lbs heavier! There was more activity here than the other two resorts, a bit more of the party crowd. We tried paddle boarding here too! I have to say it's not as easy as I thought it was going to be!
'How she shines'
Here are our bands...I'm OBSESSED! FI had to hide her from me until our wedding day!
Got creative (and bored) and took some shots at the office
And since I finally get to wear both rings, I decided to take some pics while bored at work again =D
'Fun times with good friends'
The Filene's Running of the Brides at the Hynes Convention Center was so much fun!
We made an event out of it, we made black t-shirts to stand out in a crowd of pastel and we stocked up on plenty of caffeine and sugary snacks. We arrive at 3 a.m. and the doors opened at 8. I probably tried on over 50 different dress...some hideous some beautiful.
I would totally do it again for a friend!
'Day of look'
Dress: Atelier Diagonal ROTB winning dress...I love her!
Second Fitting - Bustle
Alterations: Gilda's Bridal
Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Earings: Birthday present from MOH!
Necklace: Sylvia with love
Headpiece & Something borrowed: Thats my cousin and her husband , August 2010. She's let me borrow the stunning headpiece! I got so many compliments on it! She's even letting my BM R, who she just met at the wedding borrow it for her wedding this year!
Bracelet: I wore a Cape Cod Bracelet given to me by a very good friend of mine for my 25th birthdday.
Impressions Bridal 1346 in black
BM R - First Fitting
MOH Hair Fascinator
'Do it yourself'
Escort Card Display
Inspiration Source: The Shappy Chic Cottage
Actual: These will hold the escort cards
I purchased the centerpiece from Michael's it's a wooden Eiffel Tower puzzle. We built them and spray painted them black with sparkles.
Mica, (Santosha) will also be using the Michael's Eiffel Tower and added the perfect accents that really complete the piece! With her blessing, I decided to go her route. I think it's just perfect now!
DIY Swarovski Bridal Hoodie
Cake table Decor
Des larmes de joie - Tears of joy
Save the Date:
I taught myself Adobe Firworks and designed this. FI took the picture of the Eiffel Tower himself. The second picture is us on top of the Eiffel Tower after we said "Love you" for the first time. We ordered small business card size magnets from Vista Print
Vista Print sent them early which I was super excited about. The only thing and it's tough to see here but there is a white line at the bottom. I think they cut them wrong. I don't mind since it matches and they were cheap ($35 for 200)
I didn't want to just stick the magnet in the envelope. So I printed the card stock at Staples using a free design from The Wedding Chicks
Semi DIY Card Box
DIY MR. and MRS. Signs for head table
All supplies from Michael's
Sorry it's dark! If I used the flash the letters came out blue! (like FI in the background? lol)
(the crystal vase in the background will hold my bouquet)
DIY water bottle labels for OOT bags
FREE template from an old PW post!
To save myself the headache of trying to design something, I downloaded the template from DIY Wedding Templates for $6.
I printed at Staples and with 30% off my order, everything totalled to $90 to print. (including prints for the favours)
I did have to cut everything with my paper trimmer (I bought a Fiskar's that could cut more than one sheet at a time, with 40% off coupon from Michaels for $15)
Reception Place: Newport Marriott, RI
- Scallop wrapped in bacon
- Beef welington
- Salmon with a BBQ glaze and salsa topping
- Chicken with a lemon garlic sauce
- Veggie Tower (surprisingly I LOVED! it was a muchroom cap on top of couscous with another mushroom cap underneath. adorned with Atrichoke hearts and zuccini) yummmm
- Our guests are offered a discount room rate
- My Dad gets tons of Marriott points toward his membership
- Free coat check/parking
- One hour of open bar (cocktail hour)
- FREE bridal suite as well as 4 FREE rooms
'Gifts for all'
- Flats: Purple flats from target. Since it's a NE wedding in November I didn't think flip flops would be appropriate. So I bought a pair of these for each of my girls.
- Hair & Makeup: Options Salon - South Dartmouth, MA. We're getting an excellent deal on hair and makeup from my Mom's salon so I'll be paying for both hair and MU!
- VS Makeup Bag: Scored some great makeup bags during the VS semi-annual sale for a great price. I also picked up VS lip gloss, Noir Perfume, and Noir Lotion
- Jewelry: Necklace and Earrings from Kohls
- Wine glasses: Bought from Christmass Tree shoppe then painted by me (pics in DIY Section) These will be for morning mimosa's!
- Tux Rentals!
- Headband: Made by a HS friend through her Lacy Lady designs
We recieved this as a gift from my brother and his wife.
'Our house is a home'
We bought our home in Feb 2011! FI moved in before me I wanted to wait until we were officially married before moving in. But I'm in now and I love it so far!
I compiled a few different check lists some things I got done!
- Get baptismal certificate from St. Annes
- Bring baptismal certificate to priest
- Check to make sure confirmation certificate is at St. Mikes
- Confirm price for ceremony with Fr. Ed
- Confirm date and price with organist
- Decide on songs and ensamble pieces for church
- Engagement photos (scheduled for Sept 10)
- Newspaper announcement
- Call Salons for pricing hair and makeup
- Make hair trial Scheduled for June 25
- Print hair inspirations
- Book final hair apt.
- Confirm BM dresses are ordered (by June 15) Lauren - Erin - Rachel - Dee - Jackie - Abbie
- Order veil (possibly borrow from cousin)
- Ask Mary to borrow headpiece
- Pick up envelopes and stamps for STD
- Send STD
- Reserve block of rooms
- Pick up book of readings from St. Mikes
- Chose readings
- Book florist
- Print flower inspirations
- Meet with florist
- Florist sending email with quotes confirm flowers
- Answer florist questions
- Finalize guest list
- Get guest addresses
- Find details on brunch
- Schedule rehersal
- Finalize invitation wording
- Order Invitations
- Invites should be in 8/19 - 8/29
- Pick up invites
- Buy stamps for invitations
- Print ceremony programs
- Find basket for Tears of Joy
- Decide on Tuxes
- Place orders for tuxes
- Find and order flower girl dress
- Find what FG will carry
- Find and order ring bearer formal wear
- Find what RB will carry
- Decide on gifts for wedding party
- Extra special gift for MOH (Longchamp bag)
- Find detail for MOH to stick out (flower for hair)
- Book wedding night hotel
- Book room for night before wedding
- Compile lists for bridal shower
- Compile list of guests for bachelorette
- Arrange transportation
- Check marriage license requirements
- Get necessary documents
- Finalize Menu
- Buy wedding rings
- Decide on and make wedding favors
- First dress fitting (Scheduled for Sept 10)
- Second Dress fitting (scheduled Oct. 8)
- Third dress fitting (scheduled Oct 22.)
- Final Dress fitting (scheduled Nov 5)
- Buy undergarments for fitting
- Address invitations
- Buy gifts for Mom and Dad L and Mom and Dad C (gift cards to dinner)
- Decide and ask people to do ceremony readings (Aunt Terry & Molly)
- Decide and ask people to carry offertory gifts (Gretchen & Danny & Uncle Paul)
- Purchase unity candle Put on registry
- Mail invitations (Sept 13)
- Call Band
- Sign up for dance lessons
- Design and make table numbers
- Collect pictures from family member weddings (Gram & Gramp L, Mom & Dad L, Mom & Dad C, Memere & Pepere, Gram & Gramp C, Gram & Gramp C, Dee & Bill)
- Track RSVP
- Create wedding week/weekend schedule
- Send bridal shower thank you notes
- Book: Hair - makeup - Nails - Pedi - Wax
- Hair Dye: Nov 1 @ 6:30
- Makeup trial: October 27 @ 12:45
- Nails: Oct 29 @ 9
- Nail fill: Nov 11 @ 2
- Wax: Nov 10 @ 7:45
- Something old: Brooch from Erin's wedding
- Something new: earrings
- Something borrowed: viel and headpiece
- Something blue: garter
- Emergency kit
- OOT guest bags