About The Dane Estate at Pine Manor CollegeThe original estate dwelling built in 1891 by Major William Cox was called Roughwood but is now referred to as The Dane Estate. "Candle snuffer" turrets, the use of local materials such as red sandstone, "pudding stone," and leaded glass windows create an impressive Richardson style structure. The circular drive is paved with cobblestones; originally ballast for Boston's sailing ships. The Mansion was built along with two gatehouses, the stable, a barn, a greenhouse and chicken houses. In 1904 the Dane Family purchased the estate and all its buildings, and over the years acquired additional land until the estate totaled 120 acres. A wing containing a music room was built in 1909 and with the addition of an organ loft in 1916 is now known as Founders Hall. The property was acquired by Pine Manor College in 1962.
The Foyer is a spacious place to welcome guests with its massive rusticate granite and polished red marble fireplace, dark oak paneling, high ceilings, and carved gilt detail. Original paired French doors lead to a terrace overlooking the pond.
Off the foyer is the elegant Moncrief Room, the former library of The Dane Estate. It’s carved fruited and matchbook paneling of Circassian walnut and period-style furnishings make it ideal for small receptions, cocktail hour and ceremonies.
In the English Georgian Founder's Hall, a carved double staircase (perfect for photos or grand entrances) descends to a generously proportioned, fireplaced room. Oak-paneled walls are set below a beamed and gilt ceiling. Jutting, stone casement windows and teak floor add to the grandeur. Doors open to a gorgeous lawn, enhanced in June by spectacular rhododendron hedge.
Founders Lawn just adjacent to Founder's Hall is the perfect setting for wedding ceremonies and larger tented events up to 350 guests.
Thanks for visiting the vendor listing for The Dane Estate at Pine Manor College
Please let this vendor know that you found them on the WeddingWire Network.