About The Texas GypsiesFormed by experienced professional musicians including GRAMMY winners and musicians from many famous recording artists, this band has established itself as a classy, unique and fun full time professional band with hundreds of successful performances and has sold thousands of their CD's! Not just another cover band, This AWARD winning band plays "ALL" styles of Swing/Jazz from BIG BAND standards (Sinatra, Buble') to Parisian Swing( Django Reinhardt)some traditional NEW ORLEANS jazz and also The Texas WESTERN SWING(Bob Wills)sound. They also can play hit Pop,Country, 50's and even Disco songs and classic rock if you like! We have many recordings of the band playing each of these styles so email if you want to hear more of a certain style than the others! This band can perform from a TRIO TO NINE PIECES with our HORN section added!
The Texas Gypsies are on the rosters of 3 prestigious arts programs — the National Endowment for the Arts American Masterpieces touring program and the Touring Artist Program of the Texas Commission on the Arts, and have recently added another the Mid-America Arts Alliance!
* Named "Best Swing Group" by The Academy of Western Artists
Our Original song "Maxwell Swing" was used in the movie "The Smell of Success" (starring Billy Bob Thornton and Tea Leoni)
*Featured CD review in Downbeat magazine Dec 09
* Named "Best of Bands" by The Knot Magazine
* Featured on Fox KDFW-TV performing the theme song for "Good Day" morning show and also their Holiday promo with our "Christmastime in Texas song"
* Debut CD "The Texas Gypsies" in 2005 Grammy® voting for "Best Jazz Album"
* Featured band in the June 2007 issue of "International Musician Magazine"
* Texas Gypsies Theme Song included in "Texas Music Project/Don't Mess With Texas, Vol. 3" CD
*Recently raised over $5000 for the Wipe out Kids Cancer Foundation!
Thanks for visiting the vendor listing for The Texas Gypsies
Please let this vendor know that you found them on the WeddingWire Network.