non-pro pictures <3
- Last updated on July 21, 2009 at 3:50 am
- 18 comments
We're finally MARRIED! And it feels so good :) :) Our day was perfect. Below are some pictures and a list of few things we did that made all the difference in the world.
Our Wedding Highlight Video: http://vimeo.com/5807626
by Two Penny Productions
Memories Slideshow: http://vimeo.com/5157778
More of the floral details....
- Do a pre-ceremony reveal. If you are considering doing this, please do. We got so many pictures of just FI and I (along with the bridal party)-- these are to come! It was fun, relaxing, and a really special moment when we first saw each other. No one was there, other than our photog and videographer, and it is a moment I will remember for the rest of my life.
- Book a videographer. Every bride says it. Your day is and WILL BE a whirlwind, no ifs, ands, or buts! I'm already starting to forget details, and having someone to document the moments of your day, the speeches, the smiles, the tears is so worth it. I can't wait to see our video and relive our day. :)
- Book a great coordinator. We paid extra to our venue to have a DOC, and it was 110% worth it. It was a windy day outside and the tent coming up and going to blow away! We had to reinforce it. The DOC took care of everything and set up our entire venue. Including all my DIYs. It was flawless.
- EAT, EAT, EAT. I wasn't hungry at all on our wedding day but I forced myself to eat. It was the best decision I made all day.
- Laugh. A lot. Do not let anything stress you out... I had a very difficult time family drama before the wedding, but I didn't let anything affect my day. Every tear I cried was tears of joy. What to know what? Our e-pics were in the wrong place, we had very expensive flower arrangements that weren't visible, someone forgot to put out the flip flop baskets and it didn't happen 'till 1/2 way though the night... and you guessed it. It didn't matter. I didn't care one bit, let someone else think about the details, and I still have guests telling me how beautiful, meaningful, and creative our wedding was. Don't sweat the small stuff.
- Don't go on PW the days before your wedding. I know that sounds silly, but I'm serious. You been supported by the ladies here, you got your ideas, you executed them, and now you should be enjoying your FI, your family, and the days leading up to the biggest day of YOUR life. Do the sign off post, and then take a breather... I promise. It's worth it. (Then come back AFTER the fact and post those pics!!!)
I hope I've helped at least one bride out there. Happy planning, ladies!