~ OUR TOTAL WEDDING BUDGET: Explained!
- Last updated on December 2, 2009 at 4:00 am
- 3 comments
I have recieved a couple of PM's on how much i saved and spent on my wedding, My budget etc... So I am sharing, hoping to inspire some brides that it is possible to have a nice initimate wedding without breaking the bank. Of course.. we couldnt have managed this budget without the generosity of our family.
I planned my wedding with a 10K budget in mind (minus cost of engagement ring). Apart from my wedding gown which was a total splurge everything else I tried to save some bucks on! So here is my breakdown.
1. Ceremony and Reception of Rental place was all inclusive (tables, chairs , set up, cleanup, white table linens) - $ 1600 for $150 guests. Tent rental + dance floor ($ 1200.00 was a gift from DH's family)
2. Glassware and glass plates for 190 guests (we needed only 150) we purchased from Criagslist for $350.00
3. Linens purchased wholesale at $16.00 per piece instead of renting for $15.00.(total $256.00) Purchase 150 linen napkin at 1.00 . per piece (150.00). Chair sashes purchased @ .65 cents each on clearance (~ 100.00)
4) Decoration: I used paper lanterns and DIY paper tissue pomanders for my decorations total cost $~120.00
5) Silverware for 150 guests purchase for $ 120.00 total. 140 gold charger plates @ 1.50 each $ ~ 210.00
6. So, most of you have seen how my pro pictures turned out! I love my photographer and i hired her for 7 hrs for $ 500.00 ! Yep $ 500.00. For this package our photographer provided us with edited images on discs for us to make our own prints.
6a. Engagement photography was $50.00 for 1 hr shoot. photographer was a young artist looking to build her portforlio which i found on craigslist.
7. Videographer, (family member & friend) free
8. DJ (family member & friend) Initally this was going to be free but we ended up spending $ 300.00 to get another DJ....
9. Drinks; We serving wine, beer and champagne all through for cocktail and reception. Wine was purchasef from trader joe at @2.00 per bottle . I ended up spending a total of ~ $400. We had 3 boxes of wine and 6 bottles of champagne left over which we are using for our thanksgiving dinner and x'mas dinner. Cost for bartender with pouring license for the night -$90.00 + tips
10) Cake- $ 435.00 (Gift from FMIL). This included a topper for our anniversary, delivery and set up at location and we still had plenty left over which i donated to the children ministry at church.
11) Invitations (pocketfolds), programs, table numbers, escort cards, and all paper supplies for wedding - DIY projects Total cost ~ $298.00
12) Groom's suit purchased from italisuit.com for $141.00 (includes $15 shipping). Groom's shirt was
13) Earrings - purchased $10.00 from a knottie bride. Bracelet was $15.00 from Macy'sDesigner hair accessory was $320.00 which was a gift from my sister!
14) Veil & hair flower- DIY for less than $20.00
15) DH's ring -$ 65.00 from overstock.com. My wedding band came with the engagement ring
16. Wedding shoes (Nina Elke)...from Nina.com with 20% off coupon and free shipping.. $75.00
17) Cake stand- purchased for $99.00 instead of renting for $60.00
18) FG dresses ($55.00 each) & ring bearer ~ total $160
19) Honeymoon: 1 week in Costa Rica ~$1400.00 (includes plane tickets for 2 from chicago). I booked flights separately and researched resorts we were interested in staying at . We Booked hotel rooms directly and through expedia (with 20% summer discount) rather than through a travel agency to save. For the same itenerary . Our HM was a wedding gift.
120) Food: We choose a location that would allow outside catering, so ordered food (Ghanaian) from a caterer for 75 persons for $600.00. This included food for cocktail hour. The Liberian food was cooked by DH's aunt and mum for FREE. (Total cost for food for 150 guest- $600.00)
21). Flowers- purchased flowers wholesale from online for $500. I DIY'd all the flowers, centerpieces, pomander, boutonairres...
22. DOC/planner- $ 540.00, Bridal MUA- $ 100.00, Bridal hair (FREE)
23). Chocolate bar favors from Ghana- $ 100.00
24) Reception dress ensemble through Etsy -$ 145.00
25) Miscellanous cost: Marriage license $20, donation of $100 to pastor, DIY thank you parasol & BM'ds parasols $40.00, thankyou cards-~60.00.00, Centerpieces vases , Ribbons and accessories for flower bouquet ~ $ 170.00, Dress alterations $ 300.00, Massage and pedicure/manicure for me :-)) $150.00 tissue paper napkins and plastic plates for cocktail -$ 60.00. Total miscellanous = $900.00
Our out of pocket expense DH and I spent for our wedding. $ ~ 8,000.00. This total does not include the cost of my dress or any of the items that was paid for as gifts from our friends and family.