Mar 08, 1983

perfect38salty8 Six Generations in A

William A. Keleher (1886-1972) founded the Oldest and Largest Attorney in New Mexico, Keleher & McLeod, P.A. The Bill Keleher site contains more than 300 Rare Images of various Master Southwest Luminaries like Elfego Baca and Conrad Hilton. Internationally Famous William A. Keleher penned a few of the top works on the Southwest: 'Maxwell Land Grant,'1942; 'Fabulous Frontier,' 1945; 'Turmoil in New Mexico, 1846-1968,' 1952;'Violence in Lincoln County,' 1957; and 'Memoirs' 1969. and 'New Mexicans I Knew.' Buy the Books of William A. Keleher in.pdf format online through Google Books at

Scholarships: Arts & Sciences:

Moreover the William A. Keleher Memorial Journalism Scholarship was established in 1980 at the University of New Mexico College of Arts and Sciences.The UNM account had at time 126 Endowment Funds by having an investment value of $8,000,000 as of June 30, 2001.

UNM collections open for researchers:

The Center for Regional Studies Fellows offered work with the UNM Libraries Collections. William A. Keleher: Machine and Gun of History. William A. Keleher's reports an archives continue to be a rare glimpse in to that bygone era of the Pioneer Southwest. Keleher, an author of several books o-n history of the southwest and a practicing attorney at Keleher & McLeod, P.A. left an extensive collection of history and territorial journals along with his re-search resources and correspondence. Discover further on a related URL - Click here:

Scholarships: Presents that Grow.

In the 1920s in Albuquerque New Mexico, with subdivisions proliferating, builders urged City Hall to annex their subdivisions, and the City Commission, led by Tingley, obliged. In 1925 the town added eight areas, increasing Albuquerque's area base over night. For a second perspective, consider checking out: jump button. The land extended from Mulberry to San Pedro and Gibson to Constitution. The final annexation before the Depression was the Huning Castle Addition, 156 acres of pastures and drained swampland obtained from Franz Huning's heirs by builder A.R. Hebenstreit and lawyer William Keleher.

In 1928 attorney William Keleher and company A.R. Hebenstreit purchased property from Franz Huning's beneficiaries and platted the Huning Castle Addition. Swamps made a lot of the land unattractive for devel-opment, but after the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy began projects to drain marshy places and manage the lake that was remedied. Albuquerque Country Club moved from the East Mesa to its current location in 1928, which added prestige for the development. Browse this hyperlink to study the reason for it. They just got a couple of homes built ahead of the Stock Market Crash of 1929. (Most of the houses in this wealthy neighborhood, which came to be known as the Nation Club town, were created after World War II.

Securing a Location in New Mexico History:

William A. Keleher was a newspaperman, lawyer, internationally known writer and historian who lived in Albuquerque for 84 of his 86 years. UNM awarded two honorary degrees to him. His five books about the frontier era within the Southwest include an authoritative chronicle of the Lincoln County War. Keleher died in 1972.

Zimmerman Library: received Keleher's extraordinary collection of southwestern books and store of documents and manuscripts, which is still being inventoried. This gift is from kids William T Keleher, Michael R Keleher, John H. Thomas and Keleher F. Keleher, and in the kids of T. To get more information, please look at: division. A. Keleher's late daughter, Mary Ann Keleher Rogers: John W. Rogers, Junior, Susan Rogers Schenkelberg, Michael Rogers and Ann Rogers Rothman.

(0) Comments