Songs we NEED to include
- Last updated on October 5, 2010 at 2:49 am
- 2 comments
We will have a harpist/vocalist - Our relatively large bridal party will come down to Audrey Hepburn's "Moon River" and then change to a slow version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" a la Ingrid Michaelson when my father and I are about to walk.
The Recessional (Leaving the ceremony as husband and wife!):
This one is all up to Dan! I think he chose something classical and traditional... ?
We loved this song, but rather than squeeze it into the processional, we made it the soundtrack for our video highlight: Joshua Radin's "They Bring Me to You"
Dan is not a big country fan (that's me), so I was incredibly surprised and pleased that, upon hearing "Then" by Brad Paisley, he was sold on that as our song.
My dad always used to sing Al Martino's "Daddy's Little Girl" to me as a baby, so that's definitely the sentimental choice and the one I think we're going to go with.
I also really love Tim McGraw's "My Little Girl," by Tim McGraw - maybe we'll have to make the DJ play that later <3
Had to veto FMIL's idea of "Danny Boy" (FI's name is Dan). Even though it's a beautiful song, it's still the story of a dead soldier... UPDATE: They chose "Song for My Son" by Mikki Viereck
In lieu of bouquet and garter tosses we're doing an anniversary dance. The first song is Adele's version of "Make You Feel My Love," and then we're seguing into Cole Porter's "Night and Day," which was the wedding song for the longest married couple, Dan's grandparents.
Our DJ suggested "Grow Old with You" from The Wedding Singer - we love it!
- Etta James - "At Last" (I know it's cliche, but I love this song)
- anything Michael Jackson - especially "PYT" and "Thriller"
- anything Lady Gaga - especially "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance"
- anything Madonna - especially "Like a Prayer" and "Material Girl"
- Britney Spears - "Circus" or "Womanizer" or really anything good to dance to ;)
- Black Eye Peas - "I Gotta Feeling"
- Daft Punk "One More Time" (song with Jenn!)
- Cole Porter "Night and Day" (FI's grandparents' song)
- Chicago "Colour My World" (FI's parents' song)
- Harry Kalas - "High Hopes" (last song - it's a tradition at Phillies games to leave to this song :)
- Carrie Underwood - "Mama's Song"
- "Danny Boy"