- Last updated on November 20, 2010 at 4:26 pm
- 22 comments
I was not planning on doing too many DIY projects, but that all changed after I came to PW and saw all the wonderful inspiration ideas from so many of our talented PW brides.
Not in any specific order:
Our CP - total of 11. These were each painted by myself. I used acrylic paints after tracing pictures on to the vases. These vases were purchased at Wal-Mart.
One side was decorated with leaves, acorns, etc. The other side was decorated with our monogram from our invites. We also decorated a few of them with the saying "Fall In Love". We put sand inside of the vases, along with some river rocks, decorative acorns and some wood chips.
We gave these out to our guests after a fun game called "The Napkin Game". I've put a call into our DJ to get all the details so that I can share it with you ladies.
Around each of these bigger vases, we placed four square votive holders filled with river rocks and a scented candle. The outside of the votive holders had an brown organza ribbon wrapped around it with a leaf cutout.
Here is a pic that our very own PW'er amberv took of her table.
Since I started with the tables, I also made our table numbers. When we went to the venue, the one thing besides the plates (which I could not ultimately do anything about due to cost), was the really not so nice table numbers that they had for us to use. So, rather than settling on that, I went to AC Moore and got wooden frames and made our own.
These were originally just plain wooden frames. It took about 3 coats of brown sparkle paint (bought at Michaels) because of the see-through component of the paint.
DH created the numbers in word, printed them out on cardstock and cut each one.
We put them in the frames and then cut plastic to cover the numbers.
To protect the paint and to try not to get any "dings" in the paint, I used a clear coat, painting two coats on each one.
After the clear coat was added and dried completely, I got my trusty glue gun and fabric leaves, and glued each one around the frame (gluing them on the back of each frame).
I also purchased a container of paper leaves from AC Moore and glued them on the bottom of the frame in the middle just as an extra touch.
FINISHED PRODUCT (I am so thrilled with how these came out).
OUR BAR SIGNS (idea from our very own plumcrush01 - Thanks Mel!!)
I again started with a plain wooden frame purchased at AC Moore. I painted each one a different color, created the sign and printed it out on cardstock, and DH created a cover for it. We painted over a clear coat to create a shine and then hot glued the leaves.
DH's BIG project was our aisle runner and I'm so in love with not only him (lol), but how he created the vision that was in my head was AMAZING!!
He took fabric paint and after tracing the monogram from our invites, placed the aisle runner on top of the tracing and went to town painting. For an additional touch, I hot glued the leaves on all four corners of the monogram to make it a little prettier.
We also made programs and ribbon wands (although the length of them I believe should have been longer, but oh well). For the programs, I bought paper with a design on the front and created it in Microsoft Word.
This was a pretty easy DIY, we just rolled them and tied them with a brown ribbon.
I also made a basket to place the programs in.
I got an "bushel" basket at AC Moore and really did not do too much to it other than paint a few areas of it brown and then attach leaves to the center of the basket.
BRIDAL PARTY SIGNS
These are in action at our table.
This was definitely an inspiration from plumcrush01. Thanks Mel!!
This has to be one of my top three DIY projects. I'm writing up the instructions and will be posting them up shortly.
Completed at last. This is the card box in action.