Jun 25, 2011



Well i don't even know how to begin, other than the days leading upto the wedding I was totally exhausted.  The hall set up, rehersal, and rehearsal dinner all went smooth, but it was all so much happening at once that I was totally drained by the end of the day.  I did manage to get a good night sleep, but woke up feeling totally exhausted and almost sick, and with my monthly visitor that was NOT expected, despite just having it two weeks before and being on the pill.  JUST GOES TO SHOW WHAT STRESS CAN DO!

The weather was also SUPER iffy, my photographer texted me a pic from the ceremony site at 8am in the morning showing torential rain!  But THANKFULLY the rain cleared up at 9am, and by 2pm the weather was gorgeous!  Sunny with some clouds and nice and warm and everything was dry! It was a freakin' miracle I tell you!

The salon appointments went great.  I decided to wear my hair down instead of up which i'm very pleased i made that decision!  We were pretty much right on time for everything, except when we got to the gardens, my dress took ALOT longer to steam than I expected, and we started the ceremony about 15 minutes late.  

The ceremony was like a dream, Brady started balling the minute he saw me and continued to cry throughout the entire ceremony, and for most of the day! LOL I was losing it when I was walking down the aisle and saying my vows, but managed to hold it together pretty good (no ugly face cry!)  And my Dad did much better than expected too, he still cried, but he didn't sob as we were expecting!

Apparently after we were declared Husband and Wife a monarch butterfly flew right in between us and followed us to the marriage licence.  Then as we walked down the aisle as husband and wife, Eagles started screeching!  I didn't catch any of this but it was all the guests could talk about.

Pictures went really well in the gardens, we then went to Qualicum Beach to grab a bite to eat and do some more photos. Then we rushed back to Port Alberni, and picked up my dog from my parents place so we could get a few photos with our little beany! This made us about 45 mins late to the reception.

As soon as we got to the reception we started dinner right away since we were so late.  We even forgot to get the minister to say grace!  OOPS! Everything after that went really smooth. Not a single hitch, the speeches were great, the dance lessons really paid off.  My Jimmy Choo shoes got TOTALLY TRASHED, so now i'm on the hunt for a good shoe repair place.   

It was a really perfect day, I couldn't ask for a more perfect day.  I"m still on cloud nine and i'm so happy to be a Mrs. married to my Mr. Right!

(0) Comments