1. Soak in the Tub: Never underestimate the healing and soothing powers of a good old fashioned tub soak. A hot bath will help relax the mind and body. For optimum results, and a bath bomb or bath salts to help soften and moisturize the skin and minimize stress. Check out these great options fromLUSH Cosmetics. You’ll step out of the tub feeling like a brand new woman.
2. Yoga: Yoga is far more than a celebrity fad. Its centuries-old practices have long been known to improve happiness and positivity, sleep, and confidence and minimizes stress, tension, and moodiness. Just an hour of yoga can help to melt the stress away!
3. Start a Journal: What better way to remove all the anxiety from your mind and tension from your body than putting it into words on paper? Writing in a journal can prove to be a soothing remedy to all the anxiety your feeling. Better yet? Keeping a journal will help you permanently document all the thoughts and feelings racing through your mind leading up to your special day. You’ll want to keep these feelings with you, and now you can hold on to them forever and look back on them in the years to come.
4. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate: When you’re feeling stressed, it’s totally normal to go straight for the bottle of wine or cup after cup of coffee. And, while these may have positive, de-stressing short term effects, in the long run they will only make you feel crummy. If you don’t drink enough water, your body will feel dehydrated and even more worn out after your caffeine crash. Remember to keep hydrated and it will make you feel better all around, resulting in less fatigue, fewer body aches and muscle tensions, and beautifully glowing skin. Add a slice of lemon, lime, orange or cucumber for a little extra zest and a fun, natural flavor. Trust us, your body will thank you!
5. Call Home. Call a Friend: As you’re beginning to get caught up in all the last-minute wedding planning, take a moment to step back and talk to your loved ones. They will help keep you feeling loved and sane in these stressful moments.
6. Laughter: Laughter really is the best medicine–and the easiest way to de-stress. Rent a funny movie and have a relaxed movie-night with friends. Watch the anxiety fall away. The last thing you’ll be thinking about is your wedding to-do list.
7. Count to 10: Remember when you were little and your mom would make you take a deep breath and count to 10 to calm down? Well this same logic still applies now, even as and adult soon to be married. It may seem silly, but breathing exercises help regulate your breath and therefore your anxiety. It will do your mind, heart, and body lots of good.
8. Aromatherapy: Essential oils like lavender, jasmine, chamomile and many others have been proven to have relaxation-inducing and stress-relieving properties. Carry a little bottle with you in your purse and dab some of the oil on your wrists when you’re feeling especially stressed, or light an aromatherapy scented candle to help your mood.
9. Date Nights: In the process of planning a wedding, it’s easy to lose touch with your fiancé. But don’t let that happen to you! Plan a fun wedding-talk-free date night for some one-on-one time with your loved one. It will make you feel more connected and on the same page, and help you feel more excited than anxious.
10. Delegate: It may be your big day, but you are not alone in this! You are not superwoman and you can’t handle doing everything yourself, so don’t be afraid to ask for help. Enlist friends and family to help with invitations, dress shopping, and other errands. It will help you feel more centered and your loved ones will love that you asked them to be an extra special part of your extra special day.