20 Ways To Save On Your Wedding Costs
Some great ideas to cut corners...
1. Opt to use flowers only in key areas (like the altar or ceremony spot) which is where the majority of your photos will be taken.
2. Carry hand-tied bouquets which are less expensive than wired ones).
3. If you are using a church, check if they will provide the flowers (since they usually do them for Sunday services anyway). Some churches will provide beautiful altar flowers for under $100 (with your choice of flowers).
Food and Beverage Costs
4. Save by using less popular dates/times: Jan-May are less popular wedding months, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays are less popular days, afternoons are less popular times. Having your wedding on “off peak” times means the cost per person may be less and the required guest count will be lower.
5. Reduce the length of your cocktail hour by 15 or 30 minutes. This will reduce f&b costs and no one will notice.
6. Serve a signature drink (made with non-premium alcohol) to save on bar costs. Give the drink a name that matches your wedding theme to make it fun.
7. Skip the champagne toasts – no one drinks it. Or if you want to include it, try Prosecco, a sparkling Italian wine that tastes like champagne – but costs a lot less.
8. Butler passed hor d’oeuvres can actually be less expensive than buffet style, so check with your caterer.
Read the rest of the article here….it was too long to post it all!