2010bride2bee Wedding RECAP!!! Best.Night.of.My.Life!

Saturday was the best night of my life. I truly married my best friend. Neither of us has a single nervous moment. We were as ready as can be.

The day started with my hair appointment which I thought was a little too early but it worked out just right. Hair, then make up, then back to the hotel and by the time I answered a million phone calls and texts from family and friends that were all over the hotel....we had enough time to quickly exchange wedding gifts before I changed into my dress in time for the trolley ride around the city for photos. Matt was determined to take care of my "something blue"...and boy did he do great!! I don't have a photo just yet but they were a beautiful pair of sapphire and diamond pave drop earrings. I LOVE them...

So, my sister/MOH laced up my dress and my cousin/bridesmaid gave me a gift of a six pence for inside my shoe. So cute! We finished up and then had Matt meet us in the hotel lobby for our first look photo! From there we hopped on the trolley waiting for us outside and rode over to New Castle, NH. What a gorgeous little historic area settled in 1623! I already knew I loved our photographer, but when she had me hiking onto giant rocks overlooking the water in my wedding dress and a pair of manolo's I knew we had made the right choice!! By the time we finished up it was time for us all to be dropped off at the venue to do formal shots and wait for the ceremony on site.

After all the photos were done we had about 25 minutes before the ceremony started. We hung out on the back patio of the country club where our cocktail hour was too be held. Matt and I sat back in some chairs overlooking the golf course laughing and joking and chatting with our wedding party. My day of coordinator said that "never in 20 years has she seen a bride and groom so relaxed." We really were. No worries, no last minute jitters, no bridezilla moments. My sister walked around freaking out, checking on everything and panicking. I kept telling her to calm down and everythign would be fine and that something was going to go wrong at some point and it was better to accept it now and just let it go. That's right, I was trying to calm her down. lol

The ceremony went off without a hitch, right on schedule. It was beautiful, we included a rock ceremony and many of our guests thought it was great and were very intrigued and impressed with that. At one point I looked down and saw a big ugly bug on my arm...looked like a cricket. So...I slapped my arm during the ceremony! Ha. Everyone got a good laugh at that. If that wasn't enough, a bee was buzzing around the entire bridal party and landed on the side of Matt's head. I contemplated slapping it off, but I figured slapping the groom in the head during the ceremony was not the best course of action. Luckily, he flew away! Phew.

We joined everyone during the cocktail hour after a few more photos. It was hard to get around to everyone, but everyone was very happy with the food and we were getting such nice compliments on the ceremony. An hour later (which felt like 2 minutes later to us) we made our entrance into the reception and walking into that room was the most amazing feeling. Everything looked beautiful. The uplights really MADE the room!  The candy bar looked exactly how I had set it up at home. It was all PERFECT. Matt and I were too nervous about our first dance to eat. Literally we sat through the first two courses of dinner without touching a thing...when the main course was served we took a few bites and went out to visit all of our guest tables. When we were called onto the dance floor I think we both were so sick to our stomachs, but surprisingly once the music started we just went with it and the song was over before we were ready for it to be I think!  A few of our guests even asked if we had taken dance lessons - so I don't think it could have been that bad - all that stress for nothing.

The freakin' candy buffet was the biggest hit EVER. When the DJ announced it was open there was a huge line and everytime I looked over throughout the night there was someone standing there filling up! The candy cigarettes and the rock candy may have been the biggest hits...the giant pixie sticks and ring pops were not far behind. Everyone LOVED it from kids to grandparents!  Oh, speaking of kids....the little kids buckets I filled with glow bracelets, silly bands, a puzzle game, activity book and crayons was a big hit as well!

The dance floor was a little less packed then I had hoped for, but the last hour that changed and we were all dancing and singing until closing. My only regret is that the day flew by. I literally felt like after dinner the party was over. The trolley ride home was fun, we jammed out to old 70/80's tunes and sang the whole way. We went straight to a bar down the street...wedding dress and all.

We had so many laughs that night....I truly married my best friend on Saturday and I've never been so sure of anything until I stood there exchanging vows in front of our family and friends. I wish I could do it again and again.

Thank you to all of you for your ideas, help and support.

Oh and did I mention, we had the most beautiful weather ever. 70 and sunny....it was absolutely perfect.

Here are a few photos from our guests and one teaser from our photographer:

Saturday was the best photo 2283414-1

Saturday was the best photo 2283414-2

Saturday was the best photo 2283414-3

Saturday was the best photo 2283414-4

Saturday was the best photo 2283414-5

Saturday was the best photo 2283414-6

Saturday was the best photo 2283414-7

Boo...all these pics look sort of blurry and small....

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:17 pm
2010bride2bee
09/18/2010
2010bride2bee

2010bride2bee

Followers
Following

(48) Comments

winterbride2011
03/05/2011
winterbride2011

winterbride2011

Followers
Following

winterbride2011

Gorgeous!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:18 pm
DreaminBride
05/23/2010
DreaminBride

DreaminBride

Followers
Following

DreaminBride

congrats!  You look beautiful!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:27 pm
mahoganieyes
09/10/2011
mahoganieyes

mahoganieyes

Followers
Following

mahoganieyes

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:31 pm
LauraSweet
06/12/2010
LauraSweet

LauraSweet

Followers
Following

LauraSweet

Great recap and great pics!  Congratulations, Mrs!  :)

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:31 pm
2010bride2bee
09/18/2010
2010bride2bee

2010bride2bee

Followers
Following

2010bride2bee

Thanks, Ladies!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:50 pm
cayann32
10/10/2010
cayann32

cayann32

Followers
Following

cayann32

Sounds like an amazing day, congratulations! :)

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:54 pm
msdl
05/28/2011
msdl

msdl

Followers
Following

msdl

Great recap! You looked beautiful! Congrats, Mrs!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:56 pm
fredandtracey
11/13/2010
fredandtracey

fredandtracey

Followers
Following

fredandtracey

Beautiful! Congrats once again!!!!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:57 pm
FrancesL
01/09/2011
FrancesL

FrancesL

Followers
Following

FrancesL

Congratulations!!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 3:59 pm
kjam3
11/28/2016
kjam3

kjam3

Followers
Following

kjam3

congrats to you :o)

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 4:07 pm
meri.my
11/06/2010
meri.my

meri.my

Followers
Following

meri.my

Congrats!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 4:08 pm
deenamarie02
01/15/2011
deenamarie02

deenamarie02

Followers
Following

deenamarie02

Congrats!!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 4:20 pm
par228
05/29/2010
par228

par228

Followers
Following

par228

congrats mrs!!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 4:22 pm
g.loves.k
12/31/2011
g.loves.k

g.loves.k

Followers
Following

g.loves.k

Congrats, MRS! You look so beautiful! I love the colors in that last pic... can't wait for the rest of your pros to come in!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 4:26 pm
jessicark
11/05/2010
jessicark

jessicark

Followers
Following

jessicark

Awwww congratulations!!!  I'm so happy for you guys!  You look so beautiful and happy!

Posted on September 20, 2010 at 4:30 pm
2010bride2bee
09/18/2010
2010bride2bee

2010bride2bee

Followers
Following

2010bride2bee

Thank you guys!  My recap was already too long to include it was an insane weekend...with a perfect wedding and then more insanity. The wedding gods must have been looking down on us. In summary....

Best Man got a flat tire on the way to rehearsal

1am or so we were in our hotel room for 5 minutes and already had a noise complaint, which was insane because we were sitting on the floor eating left overs from the rehearsal dinner and there was only 5 people in our room we didn't have music or a tv, we were just talking and eating. The security guard at the hotel was a jerk and I think he was probably just pacing the halls and heard us himself. Best man and I got a bit snotty with him, which I think later bit us in the butt..

2am the morning of the wedding there was a fire alarm at the hotel. The entire hotel was outside waiting for the fire department to come.  Apparently a group of teenagers was spotted around the halls of the 3rd floor (where some of our wedding party and guests were staying) and they lit a fire in the staircase and broke the elevator by stuffing rocks in the doors.

My in laws got STUCK in the broken elevator after the fire alarm was cleared!!

While my in laws were stuck in the elevator, my uncle gave a tipsy speech in the hotel lobby about being in NH to celebrate our wedding! I'm so sorry we missed that! Bahahaha. I heard about the next morning.

Around 3:30-4pm the best man (hubby's <---- first time using that word! -- brother/best man and his girlfriend were woken from a sound sleep and asked to leave the hotel. I guess Mr. Jerko security guard wanted to get back atus for being lippy so he decided to blame our best man for the fire and broken elevator which he had nothing to do with (mind you, we are all in our 30's...and would never do something so childish).  So, my then fiance helped him find a new hotel at 4am the morning of our wedding day!

That was the end of that insanity....our wedding day really arrives and it was absolute perfection! 

After the wedding however, the trolley dropped us off at our hotel and we all walked around downtown and my aunt, who was just walking along talking with my uncle, had already changed from her heels to a pair of flip flops...falls....and breaks her wrist...had surgery yesterday to insert a metal plate into it!!

After being at the bar for an hour and all of us walking back to our hotels, my cousins were lagging behind and somehow managed to start following a DIFFERENT bride and groom back to their hotel. LOL  In their defense, it was pitch dark and it was another bride in a wedding dress and groom in a tux...so after some cocktails I can see that happening. LOL

The next day we wake up with the beginning of the flu and have the worst sore throats now and laragitis. I knew it was coming after the lady that did my nails and toes on Thursday coughed all over me and then broke out a box of theraflu as my nails were drying! Thanks a LOT lady!!!

This morning...hubby and I were hit head on by a woman flying around the corner making a really wide turn. I was just about at a complete stop on my own side of the road at the stop sign and she whipped around that corner and crashed right into us. Luckily, we were driving our Jeep Wrangler to pick up our dogs from boarding and we were fine just a little shaken up.  The jeep needs a new bumper and fender...but afte the police filed the report we were back on the road to pick up our pooches!!

Crazy couple of days....and somehow managed to have a perfect wedding!

Posted on September 21, 2010 at 5:10 am
Calli
11/06/2010
Calli

Calli

Followers
Following

Calli

not blury they are awesome! You looked so classic and so beautiful! Cant wait to see more! and im so happy you posted i was wondering if we were going to get a peak!

Posted on September 21, 2010 at 5:20 am
KCSunset
10/03/2010
KCSunset

KCSunset

Followers
Following

KCSunset

<teary> right now!

Amazing!!!!  LOVED reading your recap... very touching. 

and YOU look beautiful!

So glad for you and your love that you had the best day EVER!!!!!  HUG

Posted on September 21, 2010 at 5:26 am
SKeenan76
10/23/2010
SKeenan76

SKeenan76

Followers
Following

SKeenan76

You had me at "Saturday was the best night of my life. I truly married my best friend. Neither of us has a single nervous moment. We were as ready as can be." - I seriously have tears in my eyes!  So happy for YOU and your HUBBY!!!  :D

Posted on September 21, 2010 at 5:28 am
dreaday
08/14/2010
dreaday

dreaday

Followers
Following

dreaday

Sounds like you had an amazing day!

Congratulations!!!

Posted on September 21, 2010 at 5:39 am
« 1 3