2012 Brides - Roll Call!

Brides - Roll Call!

brides - 2012 it'll be here before we know it!

Where are you? How's your Progress? What's your date? ? Rants and raves?
I will go first
What's your date December 7th, 2012
Where are you San Diego CA
How's your Progress booked our DJ and church, picked our wedding party,working on my web site,my blog,working on my flowers,

Rants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves 323Rants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves 323Rants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves 323Rants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves 344

Rants

The lack of support from family It seems people don't take renewals seriously.They figure your already married why do it again.I'm sorry but in this day in time anyone lasting past the first few years is cause to celebrate.....not to mention the 11 years that we've been married.I want to scream to the world that we're still happily married. And the lack of items for renewals....everything says wedding on them they need more stuff that says vow renewal.

Raves:
Rants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves 330Rants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves 330Rants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves 330Rants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves B68Every little girl/woman has her ideal wedding in her mind,and if you are blessed to do it again I feel you have the right to do it your way. This is our day,Rants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves B0CRants and rave lets share :  wedding rants and raves B0CI am wearing my dream gown I could never afford before,I was in jeans and white shirt the first time  stood in front of the justice of peace .The best part is by renewing our vows and it will be great!!!!

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 6:44 am
lathisa
05/07/2011

lathisa

(38) Comments

LaurenCabbage
06/09/2012
LaurenCabbage

LaurenCabbage

Followers
Following

LaurenCabbage

Where are you? Ormond Beach, FL!

How's your Progress? Progress is good! We basically have alot, just need to make a bunch of deposits this week! :D

What's your date? June 9, 2012

Rants and raves? Rants: I wish FI would help more and that I could get what I really really really want with our budget...

Raves: I found my dream dress and everything is coming out amazing!

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 7:02 am
JessMark28
05/18/2012
JessMark28

JessMark28

Followers
Following

JessMark28

OOOh I likey this one..

Where are you?: In Colorado, wedding will be in VA Beach

How's your Progress?: Progress is good..Booked the venue where the reception and ceremony will be. I have my BM, he has his GM. Found my dress..Have a few photographers I've been getting quotes from, and I have ideas for everything else.

What's your date?: My date is September. 15th, 2012

Rants?: I don't have any rants YET. But I'm sure they will come sooner or later. 

Raves?: FI is so supportive of my decision making. Yes, he's included in it lol but he doesn't know what the heck he's doing, so I get ideas and throw them at him, and he gives me the YAY or the NAY..My family so far is very supportive, and everyone wants to help, and give ideas. I never thought I would here planning a wedding, but I'm loving every bit of it.

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 7:11 am
chrissyrenaegray
03/10/2012
chrissyrenaegray

chrissyrenaegray

Followers
Following

chrissyrenaegray

Where are you? In the Houston, Texas area; our ceremony and reception will be at the church.

How's your Progress? I think it's going fairly smooth.  I have my dress and how I want my hair and make-up done, two out of three of my BMs have their dresses, FH has decided how he and his guys are dressing, we've booked the church and the officiant, we're nailing down plans for the decorations, we have a person doing our cake, we've decided the groom's cake will be brownies, we know we're serving punch and coffee (though we're not quite sure what punch), in lieu of favors we're donating to a local charity that provides backpacks full of food to homeless children in the area, I know the flowers I'm using, we've decided where we want to go for our mini-moon, we've got invitations planned, save the dates sent, the photographer booked, and I've decided on my accessories.  Oh, and we have decided on a place for the rehearsal dinner.

What's your date? March 10, 2012

Rants and raves? Rants: I wish my grandmother would worry less about FH treating me wrong; he has not given her any indication that he's going to do something to me, but she's still freaking out over it.  I also can't stand that FH's family is at odds with one another.  I wanted the families to be involved, but his grandparents and mom don't like his sister and BIL, FH doesn't like his mom's abusive boyfriend but has to invite him if she's going to come, and FH's mom doesn't like his dad.

Raves: Things are going really well with the planning and the preparing (through premarital counseling).  The days are passing by so quickly, and we've received amazing things from friends and family--one of my BMs found us a queen-sized bed for free, some friends are doing our cake for free, and my FSIL (who is also a BM) is doing our invitations as part of their gift to us.

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 7:33 am
its_cheryl
05/21/2011
its_cheryl

its_cheryl

Followers
Following

its_cheryl

Im not a 2012 bride, but I wanted to say to Latisha, props to you for renewing your vows! Its getting rare to see marriages that last and I think its as much of a blessing to be doing it all over again!
Posted on September 10, 2011 at 8:00 am
Tinks
06/30/2012

Tinks

Where are you? New York, specifically Long Island

How's your Progress? Pretty good. We have most of our vendors.

What's your date? June 30, 2012

Rants and raves? 

Rants: I am feeling overwhelmed. I kind of feel like I'm all over the place. I don't know why I'm stressing. 

Raves: I have the most amazing fiance and I can't wait to get married. 

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 8:02 am
Santosha
06/16/2012
Santosha

Santosha

Followers
Following

Santosha

Where are you? Canada

How's your Progress? Pretty good so far!  :)

What's your date? June 16, 2012

Rants and raves? Rants: Trying to get the exact blush-pink colour has been a toughie.

Raves: I love my wedding gown even more than the day I ordered her and most importantly, FI has been awesome throughout all the planning so far.  :D

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 8:05 am
MrsAmandaKurtz
10/21/2011
MrsAmandaKurtz

MrsAmandaKurtz

Followers
Following

MrsAmandaKurtz

I just wanted to give a big woot*woot to all our 2012 brides!! I can't wait to see all the gorgeousness you all bring to PW!!
Posted on September 10, 2011 at 8:25 am
AlwaysnForever32012
12/07/2013
Followers
Following

AlwaysnForever32012

Omg the year will be over before you know it! ((ahem)) .

Where are you: Miami, FL.
Progress: we have booked the venue where the ceremony and reception will be held. We are having a beach wedding. At the end of this month will have booked our DJ, photographer, videographer, and makeup artist. I know alot of checks lol. I've ordered invitation samples and should have an idea of what we want within the next two Weeks.

The date: March 11,2012 .

Rants: wanting everything to be perfect and worried as hell of things being thrown together. Oh yeah losing weight before the big day.

Raves: the entire wedding planning has been overly exciting and enjoy being reminded by family and friends of the ticker
Posted on September 10, 2011 at 9:54 am
AlwaysnForever32012
12/07/2013
Followers
Following

AlwaysnForever32012

How much time left until the wedding.
Posted on September 10, 2011 at 9:55 am
awilliams517
08/11/2012
awilliams517

awilliams517

Followers
Following

awilliams517

Where are you?: Boston, MA

How's your Progress?: I think my progress is pretty good. We just got engaged in July and we already pretty much have a venue and a date, and I just started dress shopping.

What's your date?: August 11, 2012

Rants?: I think the one thing that makes me crazy is that because so many people have gotten married before me that they all want to talk about their weddings! Not offer advice, just talk about what happened while they are planning. I don't think I'm a bridezilla, but when it was their wedding I focused on their wedding, now I would like them to focus on my wedding.

Raves?: FI is so great about being involved and has made it really clear that he wants me to have the wedding I want to have. He knows that I get stressed and anxious and he helps keep me so grounded and focused on what is important :)

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 10:31 am
KWoodrn
06/03/2012
KWoodrn

KWoodrn

Followers
Following

KWoodrn

Where are you: Southern California, wedding is in Riverside

The date: June 3, 2012

Progress: Great, got the venue, officiant, flowers, food, dress, meeting with the baker in a couple weeks, BM's dresses picked out but need to be ordered. I have all the little stuff picked out, just neet to order.

Rants: Serious lack of help. MY FI is great but kind of over the wedding stuff (we've been engaged for 11 months). My mom is helping and throwing the bridal shower/bachelorette party since my MOH is so far away but she's super critical. I love the BM's dresses but she doesn't and I get to hear about it A LOT! She's 20 years older, of course we have different taste.My photographer is a friend of ours and I've asked her to come up with a contract several times to no avail. About to look for another one.

Raves: My venue is great and makes all the planning really easy. Everything is comming together beautifully.

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 11:22 am
Mrs.C2B
06/16/2012
Mrs.C2B

Mrs.C2B

Followers
Following

Mrs.C2B

Where are You: Knoxville, TN
How's your progress: doing good, have church & reception site booked. We have our photographerand we have our bridal party picked.
Wedding date: June 16,2012
Rants: none so far
Raves: everyone has been so helpful even with this being our second marriage...love family
Posted on September 10, 2011 at 12:21 pm
mrs.sjj2012
04/23/2012
mrs.sjj2012

mrs.sjj2012

Followers
Following

mrs.sjj2012

What's your dat:e April 23, 2012

Where are you: Washington State, but wedding will be in Las Vegas, NV

How's your Progress Booked ceremony and cocktail reception, photography and save the dates have been sent out.

Rants:  Planning a destination wedding on the internet has been challenging to choose, even though I have beeen there five times!  Also it was really tough to plan and book a venue for the amount of people you invited when you never really know who will come since its a destination wedding and in this economy.....But very excited!

Raves: So excited to be marrying my best friend and to do it in one of my favorite cities.  Excited that part of my wedding package has the wedding coordinator, hoping it can keep me out of too many details!

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 12:31 pm
DansMrs
06/23/2012
DansMrs

DansMrs

Followers
Following

DansMrs

2012 Brides... WOOP WOOP!

Where are you? SF Bay Area CA

How's your Progress? We're coming aong nicely. We have the venues booked, the baker, I found my dress (ordering in next month), asked my girls, I'm currently tackling photog quotes/interviews and florists. I'm ordering our save the dates this weekend.

What's your date? June 23, 2012

Rants? Working on a very tight budget can be frustrating sometimes but I have some really supportive family helping me and my Fi is wonderful. :o)

Raves? Planning has been fun and exciting as well as emotionally draining and stressful but I'm enjoying it and get happy everytime I think about our big day and how things are coming together and working out. :)  <3

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 1:53 pm
rachel.elizabeth
02/26/2012
rachel.elizabeth

rachel.elizabeth

Followers
Following

rachel.elizabeth

Where are you? Arizona. Wedding will be in Vegas!

How's your progress? Okay, I guess. Don't have anything planned yet. Good thing in Vegas you can just wing it!

What's your date? February 26, 2012. Maybe the 29th. we haven't decided yet.

Rants and raves? 

Rants: I wish my family was more supportive of our marriage. Yes, I'm young but I am absolutely positive I'm doing the right thing. I also wish we had our own place and didn't have to live with FMIL and FSIL but even that isn't horrible.

Raves: I loooove my FI so much and his mom and sister are amazing for letting us crash with them while we get on our feet.

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 3:04 pm
tinkthestrange
02/25/2012
tinkthestrange

tinkthestrange

Followers
Following

tinkthestrange

Where are you?

Central TX

How's your Progress?

I think its going kind of slow, we have the ceremony venue/officiant all lined up, and we have his and the gm outfits picked. My moh's fiance will be photographing the wedding, and my MOH is doing the invites which i hope to have sent out by oct. we started looking at props for our photobooth (i love halloween) still working on everything else...

What's your date?

February 25th 2012

Rants:

I feel like me, my Fi and my MOH are planning this wedding...im so close to dropping like half of my bm... 

raves?

my fiance has been so supportive throughout this process. I'm so ready to just be his wife. and im sure i will be trying on THE DRESS in a few weeks.

Posted on September 10, 2011 at 11:36 pm
chrissyrenaegray
03/10/2012
chrissyrenaegray

chrissyrenaegray

Followers
Following

chrissyrenaegray

@alwaysnforever--Yay!  We're almost date twins!

It's so exciting to see how far all of the 2012 brides are coming along!

Posted on September 11, 2011 at 12:46 am
dh2012
09/22/2012
dh2012

dh2012

Followers
Following

dh2012

Where are you: Las Vegas, NV

Progress: We have our ceremony and reception venues, which also takes care of the food, beverage, cake, and basic linens. Have a DJ, have an idea who i want for the band, ceremony music, and florist. Am currently researching photo/video, bridal party attire, and exact shades of color i want. Still havent started my dress search, but i know what im looking for. :)

Date: September 22, 2012

Rants: throwing such a large party on a tight budget with a FI that has more guests, expectations, and wants then i do. I know he has had more time to envision his perfect wedding then i have had, but its been very difficult to work his wants (and guests) in to our budget. I sometimes feel like im the only one compromising and doing all the grunt work of researching (which will be brought to his attention soon). I also dont like how i already feel like a nagging wife when i repeatedly ask him for something (like a finalized guest list).

Raves: i like how my FI acknowledges most of the shortcomings mentioned above and tries to do better. My family has been very supportive, and have given their opinions with the acknowledgement that my opinion is what will matter in the end. Although planning a wedding is stressful, its also exciting. I cant wait to start my married life with my FI!
Posted on September 11, 2011 at 10:15 am
aquaracledos
06/01/2012
aquaracledos

aquaracledos

Followers
Following

aquaracledos

Where are you?: Oklahoma

How's your Progress?: It's going. We are currently in the process of choosing our reception venue as well as our photographer (our planner is getting in touch with venues, I'm in charge of the photog). We have our overall feel decided as well.

What's your date?: June 2, 2012

Rants?: Not really anything yet.

Raves?: I LOVE our planner. I interned with her last year, and I am so glad that I got to hire her. She's amazing and helpful and I love it!

Posted on September 11, 2011 at 10:22 am
Faithk08
07/14/2012
Faithk08

Faithk08

Followers
Following

Faithk08

Where are you? MD, just moved recently!!

How's your Progress? Great... got almost everything on my "Summer to do" list done! I have a dress, about to go BM dress shopping, venue, photography, videography, and transportation is all booked.. only things left to book are the DJ and cake, which will hopefully be done soon!

What's your date? July 14, 2012

Rants and raves?

Rants: Seeing my dress on someone I knew was a bummer. Another rant is that we just bought Photoshop, so I'm so excited to do all the photo stuff, but have no idea how to use it... FI knows how, but doesn't get a lot of time to work on it. So I hate having to wait for him to do it. I definitely need to learn to use it, fast because I'm one of those people who sees the vision in my head and I want to see it done like yesterday ;)

Raves: I am so glad we've gotten so much done, and everyone is always super helpful. My dad has even helped with some of the DIY stuff, which is awesome! My parents & my FI have all helped me out a ton doing all the stuff I planned, and I'm excited to see it all in action on the big day♥

Posted on September 11, 2011 at 10:23 am

Have a question? Contact Support
Top Contributors this Week
LauraSweet
82 posts
Canooknic
74 posts
lorna247
48 posts
jmbuss9
41 posts
krosa