2014 Wedding Trends

Huffington Post

Pink is back!!!  As Fearce calls me "the Pink lady" lol....never knew it went out lol

bg photo 1

Huffington Post

2014 Dress Trends - not a dress (J.Crew)

Eyelash lace jumpsuit

Yahoo

Social media bans: "There's been a backlash lately over people overdoing social media at weddings," says Winikka. "Many brides have reported feeling disappointed to look out into a sea of guests who all had their heads down, tweeting and Instagramming." Many couples also want to monitor which photos get posted (no unflattering shots, please!) and post their own favorites later. "There's also this feeling of, 'Hey, we hired a photographer. Relax and enjoy our wedding,'" says Winikka. Some tips for keeping your day insular: "Don't ask the doorman to have people turn off their phones at the door or include a note on your invitations — that might seem aggressive," says Winikka. "It's better to post a polite message on your wedding website or the ceremony programs because that's when people are most likely to reach for their phones."

Wall Street Journal

Brights are back

Posted on January 11, 2014 at 2:45 pm
poppyaka
06/11/2011
poppyaka

poppyaka

Followers
Following

(3) Comments

Linnn
09/14/2014
Linnn

Linnn

Followers
Following

Linnn

I def plan to write that on my program about posting our pics on social media. And I plan to have the DJ make an announcement about it. We want ppl PRESENT!!!

Posted on January 12, 2014 at 3:43 am
poppyaka
06/11/2011
poppyaka

poppyaka

Followers
Following

poppyaka

I was grateful that my guests did not post any pics up of our wedding without my permission first.  My sister in law was a different story, my husband was mad at her because she just posted pics up but she did it after I posted a few blog pics.  I just think that is in poor taste to just post pics up that you haven't seen, sometimes people are just private.

Posted on January 12, 2014 at 8:36 am
Fearce
05/28/2019
Fearce

Fearce

Followers
Following

Fearce

How right you are Pink Lady!  Or if you are a couple that  doesn't mind, I think a wedding hashtag is a pretty good idea. I was thinking about doing that (:

I'm sure no one wants to see guests starting at their phones but on the flip side I know people want their own moment to keep on their phones too!  I'm sure all will find a happy medium (:

Posted on January 13, 2014 at 10:56 am

Have a question? Contact Support
Top Contributors this Week
Canooknic
21 posts
NicholeB
19 posts
Linnn
16 posts
krosa
15 posts
Levisjoe