5 Great Tips For A Stress-Free Bride!
There's tonnes of wedding stress-relief tips floating around online. Most of them focus on how to prevent wedding planning headaches and wedding day disasters or how to keep the budget from ballooning into a huge pink monster; very few focus on the actual well-being of the bride.
Here's a few tips I found from a site that actually focuses on the queen of wedding planning - the bride! Whether you've hired a wedding planner or are tackling the wedding planning all on your own, these are some really great tips for stress-relief!
1. DIY STRESS RELIEVERS
You don't have to go to a lavishness spa to unwind. There are plenty of ways to do so in the comfort of your own home. Take a luxury bath with these tricks:
- For dry, rough skin, add a cup of powdered milk to your bath.
- To soothe irritated skin, take a warm oatmeal bath followed with a self massage of lotion.
- Add several sprays of your favorite perfume to the bath for a sumptuous smell.
- Create a spa mood in the bathroom by lighting candles and dimming bright, overhead lights. When it's time to get out of the bath, wrap yourself in a big plush robe and lay around and lounge awhile for the ultimate experience.
2. TAKE A TIME OUT
Planning a wedding often leaves little time for other interests or hobbies. Take a weekend or two off throughout the wedding planning to do something you enjoy. Pick up a new pastime to get you out of bridal mode every once in awhile. Here are some great suggestions:
- Read a book.
- Take your dog for a walk.
- Volunteer for the needy.
- Write in a journal.
- Listen to your favorite CD
- Plant a garden.
Doing a favorite activity will help you to relieve stress and tension and will put your focus on something enjoyable. Taking time out to do something that you enjoy (besides planning a wedding) will help you reconnect with your life.
3. LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE
A hearty dose of laughter works wonders for our spirit. Laughter is known to be good for your health because of the release of endorphins. Here are some tips to get you chuckling every day:
- Watch a funny movie with your honey.
- Let loose and be silly. Do something quirky and comical to get the ball rolling.
- Tell a cheesy joke. Even if others don't laugh at it, it will make you grin.
- Listen to children laughing. There is nothing better to make you smile than that sound.
- Visit a comedy club. There is bound to be someone there that makes you giggle.
Whatever it is that makes you laugh, find it and then do more of it because laughter truly is the best medicine.
4. AROMATHERAPY INDULGENCE
Relax a little on your big day with some aromatherapy magic. You can add a few drops of essential oils into your bath or even your unscented lotions for an everyday treat. There are different types of aromatherapy that you can use for different benefits. For example, chamomile, sandalwood and lavender are well known for their relaxation benefits. Eucalyptus is great for their calming and refreshing benefits. And pink grapefruit essential oil helps curb your cravings for sweets. There are additional benefits to aromatherapy, such as boosting your immune system, uplifting your spirits and aiding in your overall well being and health.
Note to the expecting bride: Aromatherapy is not suggested for use during pregnancy because it may carry some risk. But for the typical bride to-be, aromatherapy might be just what you need to boost your mood.
5. A REGULAR RUB DOWN
Regular massages throughout the wedding planning process can help a bride relax, rejuvenate, ease tension and help with circulation. A series of massages will give the most benefits, so plan on scheduling massages regularly throughout your wedding planning. If visiting a massage therapist regularly doesn't fit into your budget, exchange massages with your sweetie. Here are some tips for a DIY couples massage:
- Use lotions or oils to avoid painful friction.
- Always start out with a light massage and increase pressure if required.
- Don't massage on the bone. This can be painful and take away from a relaxed state of mind.
- Keep the massage in the 10-15 minute range. This will ensure that the massager doesn't get too tired and the one being massaged doesn't get too relaxed to reciprocate.
Whether you get a professional massage or one from your fiancé, the point is to take a little time out to pamper and indulge yourself on a regular basis.