500px

Have any of you checked out 500px?  It's like flickr with much better layout and very great photo voting system.  You can vote Like or Dislike any photo you see, and the resulted "Popular" images are all stunning!

I'm very excited about the site and just opened a free account.  I'll consider canceling my flickr membership and go premium on 500px in a few months.  What it lacks right now is a feature like flickr's groups.  

I don't have any photo uploaded yet, but my account is 500px.com/busygirl if you want to open one and follow me.

Posted on October 3, 2011 at 8:29 am
yelppuppy
05/23/2009
yelppuppy

yelppuppy

Followers
Following

(2) Comments

BelgianInAustralia
04/15/2011
BelgianInAustralia

BelgianInAustralia

Followers
Following

BelgianInAustralia

I've got an account too. Not because I think my pictures are good enough to post on there (althou I did post one, got 2 views and they both "liked" it, I guess considering the extremely high standard of pictures on that site, I'll take that as a compliment), but so I can have a collection of my favourites on that site. 

I still prefer flickr, because of the groups and Our Daily Challenge, and also I don't feel out of place posting my pictures on there. (If that makes any sense)

Posted on October 3, 2011 at 11:54 am
dorkmeetsnerd
09/26/2009
dorkmeetsnerd

dorkmeetsnerd

Followers
Following

dorkmeetsnerd

i love this site too.  so much better than flickr if you ask me.  plus, flickr is blocked at work for me.  this site is not.  maybe one day i'll be brave enough to post my own work but now i use it for inspiration.

Posted on February 3, 2012 at 3:27 am

Have a question? Contact Support
Top Contributors this Week
Levisjoe
12 posts
LauraSweet
8 posts
NicholeB
8 posts
Canooknic
7 posts
nataliefurt