Would you mind sharing what you are having for these? I'm not catholic, so I have no idea what to do!:) Love Katiexoxo
idk what youre asking??
just prayers in general?? for death?? for marriage? for christening? for???
Did your church give you the book "Together for Life"? We are using one of the prayers of faithful from there.
If you are having a Catholic wedding, there are some pretty standard prayers of the faithful that youa re supposed to do- there should be one for
- the needs of the Church- something like "for our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI, our Arch Bishop X, that God may strengthen them as they lead our Church, we pray to the Lord"
- the needs of the country/world- "for our world leaders, that they may govern with wisdom, strength and justice, we pray to the Lord
- for the local community- (here, insert prayer for the bride and groom) "for bride and groom, that God blesses them as they enter into their marriage we pray to the lord
- For those who are sick, especially (name anyone of your friend/family members who are ill), we pray to the lord
- and for those who have died, especially XX, grandfather of the groom, XX aunt of the bride, etc., may they have eternal peace, we pray to the Lord
- For the prayers we hold deep in our hearts (long pause), we pray to the Lord.
You can also add in anyting special like
- In thanksgiving for all those who traveled here today to celebrate with the bride and groom, we pray to the Lord.
I always like to include one for our soldiers and service men and women- but thats just me :)
Also, there are tons of places you can look online for this kind of stuff- probably a lot better than mine. Mine are just a result of a million years worth of Catholic School!
we got a book from the church as well we used a slightly modified version we had in the book (i.e. added some things) but it was pretty general.
search prayer of the faithfull on google there are tons....this is one of those things that you can't do wrong basically
Ditto what Skippy said. If you don't alredy have the book "Together for Life," you should definitely get your hands on a copy. They have a bunch of different Prayers of the Faithful to choose from. Really easy.