creamy orzo and chicken
i made this the other day and it was delicous , needs something to give it a kick but other then that it got 5 stars from the hubby
- 1 1/3
- cups uncooked rosamarina (orzo) pasta (8 ounces)
- tablespoons margarine or butter
- pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- pound mushrooms, sliced (3 cups)
- medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- teaspoon pepper
- cup milk
- cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- 2 While pasta is cooking, melt margarine in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook chicken, mushrooms, onions and garlic in margarine about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- 3 Stir in flour, thyme and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese until melted.
- 4 Pour chicken mixture over pasta; toss if desired.
i think ill add something spicy like tony's ,it just needs a bit of a kick which could be that i used dried spice not fresh so i know that made a difference