Cuteboy2me: Things I Learned While Planning My Wedding
I'm back to reality.
Honeymoon is over and I'm back to work at 2pm today. I'm not overly happy about that, but I have a job and that is a good thing!
First off, our wedding day far exceeded even our wildest dreams. We wanted a big party and we got just that and more.
My goal going in was to show people how much I love Todd and I did that, but really it was him that was most emotional and it was people saying to me, "OMG, that man loves you like crazy". Could it get any sweeter?
I'm going to keep it short and sweet with what I learned.
- Have faith in yourself and your vision. It will come together.
- Surround yourself with people you can depend on.
- Don't leave DIY (tissue flowers) tasks until the day of the reception hall set up
- Pack your wedding night bag a week before, even if you have to buy things to put in it - you will not regret this and not end up having only clothing and nothing else - BAD BRIDE!!!!
- Have your bridal party organize their goods the night before so they aren't scrambling out the door screaming that they can't find the key to lock the door.a
- Realize if you make bathroom baskets, men WILL have an AXE body spray fight in the parking lot and you may end up with the best smelling wedding reception in the history of man. Yummy!
- Still with bathroom baskets - your husband's grown neice may dump 95% of the contents in her purse, because the she things you rocked it out in what you made available. LOL <-- Now, a big family joke!
- If you have a vision for your bouquet, make it yourself! Don't trust it to another.
There really weren't many issues at all. All in all it was a day with zero hiccups. Nothing went wrong. I thank each and every one of you for the help and encouragement that enabled me to pull it off.