Personally, I had some of the candles in the pool catch on fire during the reception because they got caught in the filter!
We had a few... but they were so minor that I have to think right now to remember!! Heres the main one:
DH dropped the ring during the exchanging of the rings! And we were standing on a deck, so it could have easily fallen through the cracks, never to be seen again. Luckily it didn't!! Gave our guests (and myself) a good scare though!
Oh man!! What did you do when the candles caught on fire??
And thank god you didnt loose the ring!!
I am hoping I can go with no hiccups but we all know that it will not happen. Just have to remember its ok and dont worry about it.
The aisle runner and the stand for the rose ceremony got left in the trunk of my car. My DH wrote down his vows, but left them at home. That was a great thing though because he spoke from his heart and there wasn't a dry eye in sight! Hiccup that irritated me but turned out just fine - DH FORGOT ALL THE LIQUOR AT HOME! This irritated me so badly that I did not smile for any of the limo shots. Lol. Luckily my stepson went to the house to retrieve it, but he was missing out of many of the pictures.
HA! my wedding WAS a hiccup! but it still went amazing! im the only one who noticed most of the things.
1. my MUA was an hour late, which caused me to get to my 11am wedding at 1130am! 2. the hook on my dress broke off because we were rushing, so there was a little V at the top of my dress where the zipper wouldnt stay up, resulting in me constantly having to pull my dress up and my bra showing in a few pictures :/3.we FORGOT to cut the cake. completely forgot. luckily, they still handed out cupcakes, but we didnt even realize about the cake until on our HM when the venue called us because our intact cake was still in their kitchen. woops!4. i wore my toss garter and forgot to put on my real garter!
5. i forgot to bring the hankie that was DH's great-great-great grandmothers', and my something old.
6. our garter/bouquet toss song, that we choreographed fabulously, didnt play. the DJ was so embarassed bc it wasnt working. so rather then doing a funny toss together, we kinda just threw them to what ever song was on. this is prob the part that im most upset about!
7. i forgot to bring a CP home with me as a keepsake. haha i made 2 different kinds, and i wanted to keep one of each! totally slipped my mind.
8. it was windy that day bc we got a storm later that afternoon, and like i said we were rushing, so i ran outside of my moms to get in the limo, a gust of wind came through, and blew one tier of my dress in my face... which stuck to my lip gloss, so i had a nice shimmery lip print on the front of my dress. we got it out though!!
i thiiiiink those were all of them. really nothing too major, but like i said, I noticed everything and it added to my anxiety of the day!
haha we had to take the floating candles out of the pools!
MrsCaleYoung & kpulsd - well those definitely are "hiccups" - Glad you still had wonderful days!
can'twaitforit - No reason to worry about it! I'm sure your day will be perfect. I really think that sometimes the imperfecetions are what can make a wedding unique!
Thank you! My day was perfect. Oh and how could I forget? I got a black stain on my dress! No one noticed the flower applique that my great stepson sewed on right before I walked down the aisle. Thank God for him! He had an emergency kit ready for any thing that went wrong!
How did you get a black stain on your dress?
I had a friend get car oil on her dress :-/
Honestly I have no idea! It may have been from when I was getting in the limo. Jeez! How did she get car oil on her dress??? What did she do to cover it?
Fortunately it was after she was married. We were taking wedding pictures by some old fancy cars and I guess there was oil by one of the cars!
Oh, well...let's see...
- we forgot our marriage license. I remembered it as we were starting the rehearsal so the courthouse was closed and we had to go to our officiant's house on Monday with my dad and his grandpa to sign.
- Due to a double-booking at the venue, the outdoor adventure ropes course was hosting about 300 kids who were everywhere and after they were finally corralled...they started a screaming chorus of "Happy Birthday" in the middle of our vows.
- The DJ we went with split partners and didn't tell us, the partner we got overbooked herself and farmed our wedding out to some guy who only got the assignment 2 days before and didn't have much of our music. He mispronounced our names and rushed through everything so hardly anyone saw us cut the cake and by the time I got through running from the first dance to the cake cutting to the father-daugther dance, I was a sweaty mess and it was only an hour into the reception. This was by far the worst!!
There's bound to be little things here and there but in the grand scheme of it all - it's nothing compared to marrying the love of your lifetime and being surrounded and celebrating with family and friends! :)