Good home cooking recipes
I just found one for pulled pork sandwiches. they are my husbands favorite.
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 head small green cabbage, shredded
- 4 whole-wheat rolls, split
- In a medium saucepan, stir together tomatoes, sugar, garlic, mustard, and 1/2 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; add pork, and simmer, covered, until tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate to cool. Simmer sauce over medium, uncovered, until reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make slaw: In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon vinegar, celery seed, and 1 tablespoon water; season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage, and toss to coat.
- Shred pork with 2 forks, and return to sauce; stir in 1 teaspoon vinegar. Serve pork on rolls, topped with slaw.
Posted on August 19, 2009 at 9:12 am