GTKY: Oldbies!! 500 posts or more =D spinoff

I thought I would spin off of MrsAmandaKurtz's post since I wanted to reply but I don't qualify. Plus I think it's a good way for the newbs to GTK us and a way for some oldbies to GTK some people they may not have had a chance to GTK yet!

Your Name?:

FI/DH Name?:

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?:

Wedding Location?:

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?:

How did you find PW?:

What's your favorite part of PW:

Something interesting about you?:

What's your favorite PW group?

Post a picture of you or you & FI/DH!!

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 8:38 am
NicoleJuliette
11/12/2011
NicoleJuliette

NicoleJuliette

Followers
Following

(42) Comments

plumcrush01
07/03/2010
plumcrush01

plumcrush01

Followers
Following

plumcrush01

Your Name?:  Melissa

FI/DH Name?:  Derek

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?:  7/3/10

Wedding Location?:  Colorado

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?:  Fuchsia & light green.  Colorful, creative, contemporary Colorado :)

How did you find PW?:  I don't remember :-/

What's your favorite part of PW:  The friends I have made & the support I have received

Something interesting about you?:  I am a recent thyroid cancer survivor.  I am a twin.  DH & I have been friends since HS :)

What's your favorite PW group?  Photography Enthusiasts (except it's been really quite lately)

Post a picture of you or you & DH!!

Your Name MelissaFI DH photo 3164916-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 8:51 am
DansMrs
06/23/2012
DansMrs

DansMrs

Followers
Following

DansMrs

Your Name?: Ashley 

FI/DH Name?: Daniel (Dan)

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: June 23, 2012 

Wedding Location?: Redwood City, CA

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: Ideas: First Look, Rose ceremony or our Mom's, sand ceremony Colors: Tiffany blue, silver/pewter, buttercream yellow

How did you find PW?: I don't remember exactly but I'm sure I must have googled something or found it via Wedding Wire

What's your favorite part of PW:  The Photos and The Community - the Pdub girls are amazing

Something interesting about you?: I had blue eyes until I was about 4 years old then they turned green

What's your favorite PW group? I'm not as active in the groups as I hoped I would be but right now I'm spending time in the SF Bay Area Brides and the Classifieds

Post a picture of you or you & FI!!

Your Name Ashley FI photo 3164919-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 8:52 am
carolinawedding
03/19/2011
carolinawedding

carolinawedding

Followers
Following

carolinawedding

Your Name?: Layla

FI/DH Name?: Charlie

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: 3/19/2011

Wedding Location?: Right outside of Charleston, SC

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: We did a teal, yellow, ivory spring wedding with dried wheat!

How did you find PW?: :) Google search for beer.

What's your favorite part of PW: How supportive everyone is!

Something interesting about you?: I'm really bored at work and have had a lot of suger today.

Your Name LaylaFI DH photo 3164931-1

What's your favorite PW group?

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 8:55 am
ajfisher
09/10/2011
ajfisher

ajfisher

Followers
Following

ajfisher

Your Name?: Ashley

FI/DH Name?: John

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: 9/10/11

Wedding Location?: a gorgeous old estate in St. Louis

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: black, white, purple and grey, romantic, candlelight, tent wedding.

How did you find PW?: googling dresses for my SIL

What's your favorite part of PW: the ladies! 

Something interesting about you?: I spent all the effort to go to law school and pass the bar, and now I have zero desire to practice law. My true passion is creativity, so I'm revamping my business and doing event planning, custom design, and maybe one day photography!

What's your favorite PW group? I stalk the baby groups. next phase of my life. :)

Your Name AshleyFI DH photo 3164957-1

Your Name AshleyFI DH photo 3164957-2

Your Name AshleyFI DH photo 3164957-3

Your Name AshleyFI DH photo 3164957-4

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 9:00 am
Faithk08
07/14/2012
Faithk08

Faithk08

Followers
Following

Faithk08

Love the spinoff, thanks for the idea :)

Your Name?: Faith

FI/DH Name?:  Stephen

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: July 14, 2012!!

Wedding Location?: Hazleton, PA

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?:

Elegant beach theme with purple, teal, and aqua.

How did you find PW?: Search on Adorae real brides lol :)

What's your favorite part of PW: Everything! Everyone is so positive, and I love being able to share everything wedding related with you all... not everyone I know wants to hear about wedding things 24-7!

Something interesting about you?: I'm a court reporter.. you know, those ladies you always see typing on the machines in a courtroom... if in a movie, usually done incorrectly ;)

What's your favorite PW group? Maggie Sottero brides, bc I love seeing all the Adorae brides hehe!

Post a picture of you or you & FI!! Love the spinoff thanks photo 3164966-1

Love the spinoff thanks photo 3164966-2

Two, because I'm a photo hog ;)

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 9:02 am
AJava210
08/20/2010
AJava210

AJava210

Followers
Following

AJava210

Your Name?:  Amanda

FI/DH Name?: Dan

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?:  8.20.2010 (been dating since 2.10.2001 when we were in 8th grade)

Wedding Location?: Buffalo, New York

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?:  We had a purple/pink/black/white/damask wedding with an elegant/romantic theme.  This is the picture that started it all and inspired my entire wedding.

Your Name AmandaFI DH photo 3164991-1

How did you find PW?:  A google search for purple weddings... the rest, as they say, is history!

What's your favorite part of PW:  My favorite part of PW (now) is being married and being able to share my "wisdom" with others.  I loved planning my wedding and was actually pretty bummed for a while after it was over that I didn't have anything to do.  Coming on PW gives me the chance to help other brides and share my experiences. 

Something interesting about you?:  I'm a high school English teacher!  DH & I have been together since MIDDLE SCHOOL.  We have a dog named Jake!  We have 3 nieces and 1 nephew.

What's your favorite PW group?  I like the Purple Brides Group.

Post a picture of you or you & DH!!

Your Name AmandaFI DH photo 3164991-2

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 9:10 am
BKPINKBRIDE10
09/15/2012
BKPINKBRIDE10

BKPINKBRIDE10

Followers
Following

BKPINKBRIDE10

Your Name?: Kendra

FI/DH Name?: Hasan

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: July 20, 2012

Wedding Location?: Brooklyn, NY

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?:Grey,fuschia,purple and bling bling bling

How did you find PW?:I dont remember its been so long

What's your favorite part of PW:Everything.

Something interesting about you?:I am a mom of 4 soon to be 5 and I look like im 12. lol

What's your favorite PW group?. All of the groups are pretty quiet but I would say bling brides and ny brides

Your Name KendraFI DH photo 3165008-1

Your Name KendraFI DH photo 3165008-2

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 9:15 am
amber16ratm
09/10/2011
amber16ratm

amber16ratm

Followers
Following

amber16ratm

Your Name?: Sian

FI/DH Name?: Rhys

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: 09/10/11

Wedding Location?: Saint Donat's Castle, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: Rustic, Burlap, Lace, Beach, Brown and Cream with a pink pop bouquet!

How did you find PW?: Googling for dresses!

What's your favorite part of PW: No question is ever a stupid question!

Something interesting about you?: My favourite colour is teal - but I didn't want the colour in my wedding at all! I also made many of our wedding decorations with a lot of inspiration from PW! And now, the venue wants to be able to recommend DH's lighting (which he bought for the day) and the flowers I did for the venue - AND get paid for it! They said it was the lovliest wedding there all year *blush*

What's your favorite PW group? All of them... but I used the DIY groups the most :)

Your Name SianFI DH photo 3165009-1

Your Name SianFI DH photo 3165009-2

Your Name SianFI DH photo 3165009-3

oooops... 3!

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 9:16 am
NicoleJuliette
11/12/2011
NicoleJuliette

NicoleJuliette

Followers
Following

NicoleJuliette

Your Name?: Nikki

FI/DH Name?: Patrick

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: 11/12/11

Wedding Location?: Ceremony: Fall River, MA Reception: Newport, RI

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: Black, creme and purple. French themed.

How did you find PW?: Google I believe?

What's your favorite part of PW: I can't pick just one - the positivity, the encouragment, the ideas, and most of all the friends I have made! 

Something interesting about you?: I can't sleep without my blanky.. seriously. =(

What's your favorite PW group? Our First Home thought I haven;t been to active I do lurk quiet a bit. I love seeing the new homes and the remodeling. So exciting!

Your Name NikkiFI DH photo 3165011-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 9:17 am
NowMrsMoody
11/12/2011
NowMrsMoody

NowMrsMoody

Followers
Following

NowMrsMoody

Your Name?: Ashanti

FI/DH Name?: Jay

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: November 12, 2011 (39 more days!!!)

Wedding Location?: New York. Ceremony - Family Life Worship Cathedral (Elmont, NY). Reception - The Doughlaston Manor (Douglaston, NY)

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: I'm having a damask theme. My colors are black, white and red.

How did you find PW?: Google. I was looking for damask weddings and up popped PW.

What's your favorite part of PW: Getting to know the other brides and sharing ideas.

Something interesting about you?: I used to play the violin. My FI got me a new one for Christmas and I'm planning to take lessons after the wedding.

What's your favorite PW group? I don't really have a fav right now.

Your Name AshantiFI DH photo 3165013-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 9:17 am
ridegrl1
08/04/2013

ridegrl1

Your Name?: Halsey

FI/DH Name?: Josh

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: August 2013

Wedding Location?: At the Cannery Hotel on the Columbia River in Astoria, Oregon

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: Blue and purple is what we are using :) No specific theme

How did you find PW?: A google search

What's your favorite part of PW: The community as a whole. All of the ladies on here are amazing beyond words and I've made such great friends on here.

Something interesting about you?: I sleep with a teddy bear that FI gave me, I can't go to bed without it.

What's your favorite PW group? I have to say the DTD group. I always do get a kick out of our convos on there ^_^

Your Name HalseyFI DH photo 3165019-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 9:20 am
aylacherie
04/08/2012
aylacherie

aylacherie

Followers
Following

aylacherie

Your Name?: Ayla

FI/DH Name?: Landon

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: We're not officially engaged yet, as in he hasn't proposed and I don't have a ring, but we're thinking sometime in March 2012

Wedding Location?: McBride, BC

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: The theme will be Rustic Elegance (at least I think that's what you'd call it lol), and the colours will either be fern and chocolate, or fern and black. I'm leaning more towards the black right now.

How did you find PW?: A google search I did before I was even dating my FFI lol

What's your favorite part of PW: I love all the amazing inspiration, and of course all the incredibly ladies here!

Something interesting about you?: I was completely homeschooled and never stepped foot in a classroom until I went to college.

What's your favorite PW group? I don't usually hang out in the groups that often, but I'll admit I do stalk the Project Baby group every so often LOL

Post a picture of you or you & FI/DH!! Gladly! :)

Your Name AylaFI DH photo 3165566-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Diymomofbride
08/20/2011
Diymomofbride

Diymomofbride

Followers
Following

Diymomofbride

Of course since Im the mom, these answers are about my daughter the bride.      

Your Name?: Stephanie

FI/DH Name?: Ron

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: aug. 20, 2011

Wedding Location?: Jamestown,NY

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: Simple elegance

How did you find PW?: searching something for of course weddings

What's your favorite part of PW: The ideas and of course the friendships of all the women here.

What's your favorite PW group? DIY of course

Of course since Im photo 3165574-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 3:57 pm
TimilyL
11/11/2011
TimilyL

TimilyL

Followers
Following

TimilyL

Your Name?: Emily

FI/DH Name?: Tim

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: 11.11.11 ("If he forgets that, you'll have a reason to sock 'em!")

Wedding Location?: Winter Pakr, FL

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: black/ivory/blue(sapphire)/silver, and vintage above all else.  FI is anti-theme but I'm sort of weaseling it in there.  After all, the bride's attire does really set the tone for well, everything?  ;)

How did you find PW?: I think it was on an ad for either Once Wed or Eastside Bride...now I obviously spend waaaaaay more time on here.

What's your favorite part of PW: It goes like this: 1) FI and I have a question about ettiquette, or something else we have no idea about.  2) FI asks, "what does Project Wedding say?"  3) I consult.  4) I tell him that "committee by Project Wedding says this!"

and duh, also you girls are awesome.

Something interesting about you?: I worked 11 hours today, finished dinner at 10pm, and just watched 30 minutes worth (via Youtube) of Yakov Smirnoff "Fun Facts" aired on ABC in the 1980s.  Also I'm a Libra.

What's your favorite PW group? PW Nerdy Brides *hint hint nudge nudge*

Your Name EmilyFI DH photo 3165578-1

e-photo!!

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 4:00 pm
chrissyrenaegray
03/10/2012
chrissyrenaegray

chrissyrenaegray

Followers
Following

chrissyrenaegray

Your Name?:  Christina

FI/DH Name?:  Wes

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?:  March 10, 2012

Wedding Location?:  Houston, Texas area

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?:  Pastel blue, wisteria, champagne; hydrangeas; a mix of the Jane Austen period romance and whimsy with some modern touches

How did you find PW?:  I was looking for wedding websites shortly after Wes proposed, and while we didn't go with this site, I signed up for the email newsletter and eventually made my way to the board.

What's your favorite part of PW:  Honestly, the boards; I get to interact, get inspired, hopefully inspire others, and be a little AW with others who get excited about weddings, too!

Something interesting about you?:  I received the blessing of teaching one group of kids for three years, starting off as their sophomore English teacher, then junior English teacher, and then senior English.  They graduated last year and they were an amazing group--I never knew I could get so connected to a group of kids.  And apparently some of the students are trying to devise a plan to figure out where exactly I'm getting married and when so they can be there.  They don't want to crash it out of malice (so I'm told), but they just want to see me get married.

What's your favorite PW group?  Nerd Love is awesome for all the nerds out there!

Your Name ChristinaFI DH photo 3165580-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm
alyciamarlene
07/23/2011
alyciamarlene

alyciamarlene

Followers
Following

alyciamarlene

Your Name?: Alycia

FI/DH Name?: Ryan

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: July 23, 2011

Wedding Location?: Just outside of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: We did a simple, DIY, black and hunter green

How did you find PW?: Google search, most likely

What's your favorite part of PW: Everything! I especially love being a hostess! Y'all are really stuck with me now!

Something interesting about you?: This is really the only interesting thing about me, and all you other oldies know it already because I repeat it like a broken record whenever this kinda topic comes up, but I am a bagpipe instructor! And I love it! I teach to fire fighters, an air cadet squadron, and private lessons to a few other kids. Yes, such a thing as a professional bagpipe player does exist, and I'm happy to be one of them!

What's your favorite PW group? I loved the July 2011 group because those were all my ladies! I need to start frequenting the groups more now that the wedding madness is over!

If you insist!

Your Name AlyciaFI DH photo 3165630-1Your Name AlyciaFI DH photo 3165630-2

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 5:29 pm
lyfe_girl
06/08/2012
lyfe_girl

lyfe_girl

Followers
Following

lyfe_girl

Your Name?: Lindsie

FI/DH Name?: Stephen

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: 6/8/12

Wedding Location?: Spokane, Wash.

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: Vintage, garden; yellow & green

How did you find PW?: Ummmm ... I think a google search for "wedding planning" or something of that sort.

What's your favorite part of PW: The community, of course!

Something interesting about you?: I'm a busy gal--a full-time student, a blogger, an editor for my university's newspaper, and an office assistant @ our registrar's office.

What's your favorite PW group? The Under $5K group. Even though my budget it $6.5K, I get a lot of great ideas from this group!

Your Name LindsieFI DH photo 3165649-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 6:05 pm
nccatim
11/12/2011
nccatim

nccatim

Followers
Following

nccatim

Your Name?: Noelle

FI/DH Name?: Jeremy

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: 11/12/11

Wedding Location?: Norfolk, VA

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: Peacock Feather theme, Jade, Purple, Silver

How did you find PW?: Google!

What's your favorite part of PW: everything, especially from planning from overseas i love the support, feedback and ideas. plus the friends i've made on here is great!

Something interesting about you?:  I used to be a part of a children's improv group which i miss and love!

What's your favorite PW group?  DIY group

Your Name NoelleFI DH photo 3165662-1

Posted on October 4, 2011 at 7:10 pm
mandarooz
10/29/2011
mandarooz

mandarooz

Followers
Following

mandarooz

Your Name?: Amanda

FI/DH Name?: William (Billy)

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: 10.29.2011

Wedding Location?: Brown County State Park, Indiana

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?: Rustic/Fall theme-- the traditional fall colors w/a laid back vibe.

How did you find PW?: I honestly don't remember, so glad I did though. I think it was a google search?

What's your favorite part of PW: ALL THE AWESOME and HELPFUL LADIES, duh. ;)

Something interesting about you?: I was born on Friday, the 13th.

What's your favorite PW group? Haha, I don't know. I'm on a few-- but I rarely post in them. I just stalk to main forums. ;)

Your Name AmandaFI DH photo 3165708-1

Posted on October 5, 2011 at 12:00 am
jocemae
10/28/2011
jocemae

jocemae

Followers
Following

jocemae

Your Name?: Jocelyn

FI/DH Name?: Frederick

Wedding Date/Anniversary Date?: October 28, 2011- Yep that soon and we leave in 20 days!!

Wedding Location?:  Maui, Hawaii baby!!

Ideas, colors, or themes you are considering or chose for your big day?:  Well we are going with tropical bohemian elegance with shades of corals peaches pinks and golds.  So excited that I can't even stand it sometimes!!!

How did you find PW?:  Google

What's your favorite part of PW:  If I had to choose because there are so many amazing things, it would be the community

Something interesting about you?:  I actually produce events for a living, one includes a festival with more than 30,000 attendees but my wedding is the one event that has made me sweat the most!!

What's your favorite PW group?  Destination Weddings and Tropical Weddings

The boys get all the shine so I am going to post a pic of me and my mom, the woman who has support my relationship with FI from the very beginning and she has been an angel during all of the wedding planning.  She never gets any shine lol.

Your Name Jocelyn FI photo 3165758-1

Posted on October 5, 2011 at 1:21 am
« 1 3

Have a question? Contact Support
Top Contributors this Week
LauraSweet
22 posts
Miss_M_to_Mrs_W
22 posts
Kuppy13
21 posts
Melo819