Do you and DH/FI have any traditions you have started or are planning to start?
Hmm, I'm sure we will plan some new ones now that we're married :)
My fav tradition was actually started by his parents, but I love it! They always take a weekend trip to san francisco the weekend after Thanksgiving (they've done it for over a decade now, probably two decades!) and since our first year together, we've met them for dinner at this restaurant called Fino the Saturday after thanksgiving. It's one of the best meals of the year. We even have the same waiter and everything. He's awesome too. I can't say enough good things about that place!
We are going to start to going to a different Bed and Breakfast each month after we get married. Just time for the two of us.
After 16 years together, we have a LOT of little traditions, but this thread seems to be taking a travel spin, and we are big on that, so... we always go away for our birthdays and our anniversary. Not usually big blowouts, unless it's a "milestone" one, but always somewhere, even if it's just a short weekend trip to Vegas, which is a few hours away. This year, of course, is our 15th anniversary, so we'll be doing a big trip - yay! (still planning)...
1. put up tree weekend after thanksgiving
2. take down tree weekend of first full week of jan
3. new pjs every year as gift and we open them on christmas eve
4. new ornament every year for the tree and when we have kids they will get one every year too. when they move out and get their first place we give them a ornament organizer with their ornaments inside.
NON CHRISTMAS RELATED:
1. we have a date at least once a month
2. we celebrate our anv every year with at least a stay in a local hotel and a nice dinner. every 5 years we celebrate much bigger with at least a weekend trip somewhere.
3. valentines day is more of a day to celebrate family love for us. we have the typical "valentines" type day to celebrate the dating anv which is a true marker of how long we have been together.
We are taking a family photo each year and I'm trying to write a little something for each of our holidays.