Help!!!!!

I need some advice and need help finding a new hair stylist and makeup artist for my wedding. The girl who was supposed to do it is having a hair time getting girls to commit to the day, she just did a wedding of 7 and she was the only one that showed up (talk about making me freak). I would like to get all my girls done together either at my house or at a salon but don't want to pay an outragious price (I know what a joke who am I kidding). All my girls are on a tight budget that's why I'm taking the price into consideration for them too. I have 4 bridesmaids, flower girl, mother of the bride and mother in law. I hope someone on the board will have some kind of information. I live in the Clinton Twp Michigan area.

Amanda

Posted on August 13, 2012 at 1:13 am
ajmeadows0411
10/12/2012
ajmeadows0411

ajmeadows0411

Followers
Following

(2) Comments

lorna247
07/30/2011
lorna247

lorna247

Followers
Following

lorna247

I would definitely go with someone else if the person responsible is nervous about everyone making it. That’s the LAST thing you want to be concerned with on your wedding day. I’m not in the area so I have no suggestions on that, but have you tried calling or visiting salons in your area? They might be able to give you a deal since it is a lot of business at the same time. They might be able to either recommend a MUA in the area as well or have someone associated with the salon. If you want to have the make up done at the salon  (by an outside vendor) make sure you have the owners permission.

Good luck!!!

Posted on August 13, 2012 at 1:40 am
Sammy_D
09/10/2011
Sammy_D

Sammy_D

Followers
Following

Sammy_D

Just do some calling around. Bring a list of local salons up on Google and go right down the list. Most salons around here charge between $30-$50 for an updo, about $25 for makeup. Look at the online reviews and talk to your friends/family. Most salons do a good job, so you really should be okay going somewhere new as long as you check out the place beforehand and do a trial run with the place you end up choosing. Or pick your top two and do a trial with each.

I say this because I just had to find a last minute stylist for my B pics and I was worried about going somewhere new, but it turned out marvelous!! Also, I've been to several different salons around the area for various weddings and they were all great. HTH!

Posted on August 13, 2012 at 2:25 am

Have a question? Contact Support
Top Contributors this Week
Miss_M_to_Mrs_W
42 posts
Kuppy13
29 posts
NicholeB
27 posts
Melo819
19 posts
Canooknic