Hostess: Bridezilla101610

Hey Ladies! :)

My name is Ashley & I'm so honored that I was asked to share a bit about myself with your girls :)

medium version

I have been a PW member since January 2010

My wedding date is October 16, 2010 (18 days away....aaaackkk!!! lol)

My wedding style/theme is an elegant fall wedding with hints of shabby-chic (I totally made that up...lol...but that's the best way I can describe it :)

Right now, I am working on soooo many things! lol...But just to name a few: getting with my venue for the final meeting on 9/30, finalizing the menus, programs, and ordering the fresh rose petals for the chapel.

My favorite thing about PW is definitely the SISTERHOOD! It's amazing how caring and helpful people that you've never met in your life can be! :) PW is such a positive community, and I love the fact that I can come here and ramble on and on about all of my wedding ideas/plans when all of my friends and family are totally burned out and sick of hearing about it...lol :) I love how even though all of us come from various corners of the world and we come from different races, cultures, backgrounds, etc...we have that one common bond that holds us all together. I'm so thankful to have found PW and I know that my wedding planning experience would definitely have not been the same without all of you :))

My best PW skill is my upbeat personality and light-hearted comments :) I love making people laugh, so I try to let that come across in all of my posts/comments. I also consider myself pretty objective/diplomatic, so I try to use that and see both sides of a situation when disagreements arise on the boards :)

Some PW groups that I love are October 2010 Brides, Maggie Sottero Brides, The Glamorous Bride and Houston Brides :) (just to name a few...lol)

One PW tip that I have for newbies is to have FUN!!!! Don't get too caught up in the wedding plans of others. Your wedding is YOURS! I know a lot of times it's easy to get into a comparison game, and you may feel that your wedding doesn't 'measure up' to that of other brides. PUT THOSE THOUGHTS OUT OF YOUR HEAD!! :)) Your wedding will be special and unique because YOU are in it! :)) Be confident in your plans/ideas and don't stress over what you don't have, what you can't afford, etc. Enjoy your wedding planning experience and have no regrets! Truly cherish every moment because it goes by so fast! (trust me...i still can't believe I'm only 18 days away from my big day!! lol)     :)) xoxo

Ciao!
Ashley (aka Bridezilla101610)

Posted on September 28, 2010 at 3:27 am
bridezilla101610
10/16/2010
bridezilla101610

bridezilla101610

Followers
Following

(8) Comments

LadyHope
01/01/2011
LadyHope

LadyHope

Followers
Following

LadyHope

Thanks for sharing, Ashley! I love your tip for newbies, 'cause it's so true! :)

Posted on September 28, 2010 at 4:11 am
sdanderson
06/18/2011
sdanderson

sdanderson

Followers
Following

sdanderson

Nice tip. I am definitely one that looks at what others have done/are doing and trys to compare my plans with theirs. You are right in that each wedding is special in its own way. Thanks.

Posted on September 28, 2010 at 6:05 am
msdl
05/28/2011
msdl

msdl

Followers
Following

msdl

Great point about comparing, Ashley! I'm so glad there are so many different brides on here with different tastes...I feel like I get to see every version of my fantasy wedding come to life :-)

Posted on September 28, 2010 at 4:08 pm
kjam3
11/28/2016
kjam3

kjam3

Followers
Following

kjam3

It's definitely a great community for sure :o) YOu guys are all so helpful

Posted on September 30, 2010 at 10:46 am
luv.la.bride
10/08/2011
luv.la.bride

luv.la.bride

Followers
Following

luv.la.bride

Thank you for sharing.  I wont be able to set a date until FI and I meet with the priest on Oct. 29 at the parish that we want to be married at.  I want to stay positive and need so much guidance.  Where do I start after securing the date with the church and venue.  I feel like I'm losing precious time!

Posted on October 1, 2010 at 9:21 am
bridezilla101610
10/16/2010
bridezilla101610

bridezilla101610

Followers
Following

bridezilla101610

Congrats luv.la.bride! :) After we secured our wedding date with our venue we secured the 'major' vendors (photographer, videographer, etc). Since our venue included a caterer we didn't have to worry about that (thank the LORD! lol). Good photographer/videographers tend to get booked VERY quickly...so I would definitely get these two checked off the list as quickly as possible. These are going to be your most lasting memories of your special day, so you definitely want to make sure that you select these two carefully :)) After that, I was kinda just all over the place with my planning...lol...doing a little bit of everything all at once :)) Have you selected your wedding colors, style, theme, etc? (not that you necessarily need a "theme", per say..lol). Also, it's never too late to start shopping around and trying on gowns :) I started looking online for my wedding dress very early on in the planning process and ordered it over 15 MONTHS before my wedding! lol. If you're fairly indecisive though...i wouldn't recommend doing this. But just browsing around and trying dresses on is a great way to get a better idea of what style/colors/etc work for you and what doesn't...and its a LOT of fun! :) Hope this helps!!

xoxo,

Ashley

Posted on October 1, 2010 at 4:45 pm
Boricua_Bride
12/31/2015
Boricua_Bride

Boricua_Bride

Followers
Following

Boricua_Bride

14 days away!!!!

Posted on October 1, 2010 at 5:20 pm