Just a couple more months!!! How is everything coming together? What's left on your to-do list?
Its getting very close!
Here is my list:
DIY birdcage veils ****(pics in bio)
DIY flower fascinator for reception (pics in bio)
DIY design template and Mock for invitation
Pocket fold invitations & Enclosures
DIY Monogrammed aisle runner
Ring bearer pillow
Thank you parasols
Reserved seating cards
Order flowers for DIY wedding flowers
Order flowers for DIY wedding flowers
Tissue paper pomanders
Tissue paper pomanders
DIY Wedding Programs
*** To be completed over then next 3 months !
DIY flower girl baskets
DIY lighting for paper lanterns- Using instructions posted by Mrs Tiramisu on weddingbee.com
Bathroom baskets and welcome baskets for OOT guests
Here is what I have left to do:
- buy parents gifts
- buy bridesmaids gifts
- pay off vendors
- finalize menu (hopefully this Friday)
- hair and mu trial (waiting on my veil that is LATE)
- bridesmaids need shoes
- finalize groom/groomsmen attire (this weekend)
- buy wedding rings
- write shower thank yous and send them out by this weekend
- call musician and finalize what song he will sing during unity candle lighting
- buy unity candle
- start to DIY all programs, table numbers, escort cards, etc.
That is about it for right now!
Some days I feel like everything's under control; other days, everything seems to be falling apart. =)
Big stuff's done, working on DIYs.
IT is ALMOST here!!!!
I Get to pick up my dress today....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
After that I still have my hair and make up trial next week
last meeting with DJ
pay off vendors
OOT baskets and bathroom baskets
my bachelorette next weekend (woo woo)
I've gotten a lot done....can't believe it is almost HERE!
All of our big stuff is done. We sent out the invitations last week and have gotten responses back already. Now we are working on our rehearsal invitations and I want to put together our flip flop basket. Also we need to start picking out readings and songs for the ceremony. 58 days!
OMG I feel behind!
STILL TO DO!
omg way to much
I still have some projects to work on! Too many to list!
I have a lot left to do, as well.. mostly things need finishing. Still chasing down some addresses, some DIY stuff...
But today, is wedding budget freak out day. For some reason, I am in a total panic about it today. Eek!
I am starting to get really anxious and excited about it.
I just have to buy my shoes and jewelry and I am done!
Sunny.. are you serious? Done with everything??? Wow.. congratulations..i wish i could be in your shoes...
· License (sometime between 9/24 and 10/22)
· Put together and send out invited by 8/31
· hair/mu trail
· final sit down with dj/photog/florist/baker (mid Sept)
· make favors (can't do till 2 weeks before, real pumpkin/have pumpkins carved for cake table (approx 1 week before)
· dress fitting (in another 2 weeks)
· Table #'s/Place cards/Programs
· Finish/write ceremony
· Reserved Seating signs for ceremony
· Fabric for columns (yay wedding planner for this)
· Dye shoes/crinny
· Write some VERY large checks (thanks dad for use of your checkbook :) you rock!!)
This week was Get Things Done week and it felt good! We had our first meeting (of 3) with our officiant, went to the ceremony musicians listening session and picked our songs for the ceremony and cocktail hour, and booked the limo for the bridal party. Also sent some thank yous for shower gifts we received in the mail. We also sent out invitations on Monday - BIG check mark!!!
Still to do:
Hair and makeup trial (booked)
Programs, escort cards, table numbers, brunch invitations
Final arrangements with photographer, florist, cake baker, caterer, DJ
Pay off honeymoon
Pay remaining balances for all vendors
Get rocks and bowl for rock ceremony
Finalize ceremony and ask people to do readings
OOT boxes (just got the gable boxes in this week)
Yep Ghana, done with everything and glad for it. There are like a million tiny details in an Indian wedding.
I must admit though, I had a lot of help from my mom, sis and FMIL.
I just sent out my invites!!!!
Heres what I have left:
Oh, and now I have to find a flippen makeup artists since I fired mine when she failed to show up for my bpic shoot.
Im feeling pretty confident though and not stressed!
Here's what I have left to do:
- select ceremony music
- select reception music (i.e. father / daughter dance, cake..)
- find and book transportation (bride & groom)
- seating chart
- reception set up
- last meeting with caterer & father
- meeting & walk thru with DOC
- purchase alcohol for reception, including champagne for toast
- hair trial & make up trial
- programs (not sure if will do still)
- finalize ceremony readings & select familiy members to do readings.
- book wedding night suite
- buy wedding day accessories (i.e. clutch & jewelry)
- create sign for ring bearer
Yea I better get on that dying shoes thing, lol!
OK MY UPDATE:
LINENS ARE ALMOST DONE
final run through friday.
need to buy more vases.
pay DOC (WHO I WISH I COULD FIRE BTW)
pay rental company
oh lose more weight
I just found out the hair and make-up person we were planning to use in Boston flaked on someone else--twice. I'm therefore now trying to figure out a replacement quickly. Unfortunately, with two brides needing hair and make-up done in two different cities, the cost of hair and make-up is quadrupled, so we really need to find someone with rock-bottom rates.
My caterer had a close friend die, and has been too tied up with funeral stuff to work with us on finalizing our menus.
On the good side, I finished my lantern-style bar menus, got the cardstock for the lantern-style food menus cut out so I can make them as soon as the food is finalized, ordered a new toner cartridge so we can finish up the programs (which are done and ready to print), ordered our photo sharing cards, finished the final details on the chuppah, worked out the final recipe for our strawberry champagne cocktail, and drafted the explanation of the traditional Welsh love spoon we are putting on our cake. That pretty much finishes off my DIY projects, although NotFroofy still has a few she needs to do. I also managed to get the cost of accommodations for everyone reduced by $400, and paid off the remainder. And the last of our linens (including the chair covers and napkin rings I finally broke down and bought) should arrive today.