How have you saved on your wedding
I am planning my wedding for 10K (minus rings) Apart from my wedding gown, shoes and a tent rental which i splurged on (couldnt resist) everything else i have managed to save some bucks on! here is my breakdown.
1. Ceremony and Reception of Rental place was all inclusive (tables, chairs , set up, cleanup, white table linens) - $ 1600 for $150 guests
2. Glassware and glass plates for 190 guests (we needed only 150) we purchased from Criagslist for $350.00
3. Linens purchased wholesale at $16.00 per piece instead of renting for $15.00. Purchase 150 linen napkin at .70 per piece
4) Paper lanterns decor (80 pieces)- purchased from brides on craigslist + the nest for $~120
4a) Aisle decore DIY paper tissue pomanders
5. Photographer for 7 hrs $ 500.00 (photographer will provide edited images on discs for us to make our own prints).
5b. Engagement photography was $50.00 for 1 hr shoot. photographer was a young artist looking to build her portforlio
6. Videographer, (family member & friend) free
7. DJ (family member & friend) free
8. Drinks; serving wine, beer and champagne only! (budget for this is $400. we will be serving alcohol for only 3 hrs during reception & 1 hr at cocktail) Cost for bartender with pouring license -$90.00 + tips
9) Cake- $ 435.00
10) Invitations (pocketfolds), programs, table numbers, thank you cards, escort cards, and all paper supplies for wedding - DIY projects Total cost ~ $298.00
11) Groom's suit purchased from italisuit.com for $141.00 (includes 15 shipping)
12) Earrings - purchase $10.00 from a knottie bride
13) Veil & hair flower- DIY for less than $20.00
14) Cake stand- purchased for $80.00 instead of renting for $60.00
15) FG dresses ($55.00 each) & ring bearer ~ $160
16) Honeymoon: 1 week in Costa Rica ~$1300.00 (includes plane tickets for 2 from chicago). I booked flights separately and researched resorts we were interested in staying at . We Booked hotel rooms directly and through expedia (with 20% summer discount) rather than through a travel agency to save. For the same itenerary .
17) Food: We choose a location that would allow outside catering, so We are ordering food (Ghanaian) from a resturant for 75 persons for $500.00. The remaining food will be cooked by FH's aunt who owns a Liberian resturant. We supply the ingredients for $300.00. (Total cost for food for 150 guest- $800.00)
18. Flowers- purchasing wholesale from online for $500. We will use a family member florist to make flowers
19. DOC/planner- $ 540.00
Overall, i have purchased stuff off brides from PW or the nest or CL. I asked around family members to see if they could help do something for free. I have negotiated for prices AND DIY DIY DIY.....
Lets hear you budget saving tips