JWoww: tips for picking your MOH!
So I stumbled across JWoww's website (yup bored at work!) and aw this advice on picking your MOH:
Picking Nicole to be the maid of honor at my wedding was a no brainer. But it ain’t easy for every bride! Either you’re related by blood or she’s your guidette from another mother… whoever you pick has to be one of your closest BFs.
So what happens when you have a few options to choose from? Since choosing your maid of honor is a pretty big deal, here’s my advice to help you narrow it down…
1. She needs to stay organized when you’re too stressed to figure shit out. Nicole already bought me a wedding planner book and I haven’t even started planning yet, lol! That’s the type of commitment you should look for.
2. If you’re going to put the party planning in her hands, this girl not only knows the best clubs to hop, but also knows when and where to frolic. Basically, you need to make sure she knows how to have a good time!
3. You trust her to make the right decision and keep cool, even when you’re inbridezilla mode.
4. She’s gotta get along with EVERYBODY, including your fiancé and family. Don’t pick the girl that seems jealous of you and your man. Trust me, at least one of your girls will be… love is a battlefield!
5. If one of your BFs is already married, it’s good to consider somebody who knows the ropes when it comes to wedding planning. Maybe she can give you recommendations for a photographer, DJ, flowers, etc.
If it’s too hard to pick just one of your BFs to stand next to you at the wedding, don’t stress! I personally think it’s okay to have more than one maid of honor, because that just means you’ll have more support!
What do you think of this advice? Do you have any advice on how to pick a maid of honor?