Kittyglampants' Sign Off!!!
It's really this time already? We are leaving for Cincinnati tomorrow! This got kind of long, sorry! LOL
Some of you may know just how long I have waited for this. 12 years, baby! Dan and I have been together since 1999. We just weren't ready to make it legal. Why fix what isn't broken? We had talked about marriage but it was always "someday we would". You can imagine how shocked I was when he proposed to me on July 4, 2010. He totally caught me off guard. LOL It took a good week to sink in. But then I launched into planning at full throttle. And I had NO idea what I was doing.
How on earth did people plan weddings before the internet?! I couldn't have done it. I definitely couldn't have done it from 500 miles away like we are doing. Between PW and my super amazing DOC, FI and I have done it. You ladies have seriously been my sanity on this crazy roller coaster of planning.
I have learned so much from wedding planning. It's unreal the kinds of things you have to research when you have a vision that you are determined to turn into reality. I became a better graphic designer, an expert with the hotfix tool that I hadn't even heard of before planning, the paper cutter, double stick tape became my 2nd best friend, and I became overall crafty (I wasn't crafty at all before this!).
I only wish I could remember how I found PW. I think I was doing Google searches for black and red weddings. I am so thankful I found PW about a month into our engagement. FI wants you to know that he is thankful too. I cannot begin to imagine how different our wedding would be without PW!!!
I found out about:
- Crafty Eddy with his wooden letter cake toppers and tutorials on howto hotfix a zillion tiny crystals onto it all by myself (thank you, ajfisher!)
- how to paint my own monogram on our aisle runner (thank you, kalenalena!)
- RSVP postcards with a space just for comments (thank you, msdl!)
- RSVP card comments display board (I wish I knew where I first saw this here.)
- wine unity ceremony (thank you, Lalubell!)
- the inspiration for my tablescape with red chargers and b/w menu cards (thank you, holymolymatrimony!)
- vow cards
- Mixbook.com as a photo guest book (I am in love with our guest book)
- Hotelplanner.com for quickly and easily reserving a hotel block (thank you, ladyesquire!)
- to hire a DOC (best advice I ever got from many of you!)
- Vistaprint.com! OMG, the money I saved and cool things I did with Vistaprint. They consider me a VIP because I have ordered so much from them! LOL It really is a "bride's best friend".
- PW's Woskov's Etsy store "Fascinate Me" for the most beautiful feather fascinator she made for me
- Etsy's "A Busy Mother" for my veil
This list could go on and on.
I got a lot of great ideas and inspiration here, of course, (and oh, the money you all have saved us!) but the thing I am most thankful for is having a place to ask questions/opinons about ANYTHING wedding related. It was so comforting to make friends with other brides who were going through the same craziness and stages that I was. FI and I thank you all for giving me a place to get my fill of wedding talk, advice, support and that whenever I was worried about something, I had a place to get answers.
You ladies were there for me when I asked about:
1. My dress doubt (a nightmare to me at the time) (thank you, Mademoisellenicole, for your supportive PM's)
2. How to do the invite wording for an adults only event
3. The ivory vs white option for GM shirts because my dress is ivory (a crisis to me at the time)
4. What size the hole in our card box should be (I got an answer in about 2 minutes)
5. What to do when I was ready to pull my hair out from stress (I was advised to take a break so I did)
6. If it's okay to do silk flower bouquets (so glad I am doing this!)
7. If I could get away with a chapel length veil with my dress when my birdcage veil didn't look right (SOOOO glad I am doing this too!)
It makes my heart sing to know that there is a place online filled with so much spirit, positivity, and genuine kindliness. The ladies of PW have always lifted me up and made me feel good and I hope I have done the same for everyone here. I just can't find the right words to thank you all enough. (And I am trying not to cry!)
So here we are 15 months later. It goes fast, ladies. The marrieds were right about everything! To the brides in the beginning of your planning, details are awesome but don't let yourself get too caught up in them. Just don't let the wedding itself become bigger than you and your FI. You know how fast the wedding can take on a life of its own and it tries to swallow you whole. If you are feeling burnt out (and trust me, at some point it will happen), take a break a week or two. You will come back clear headed and excited again. My 2 week hiatus made all the difference in the world.
Also, I am proud to say that I am one of those brides that got things done early and now I am just waiting for our day to arrive. I now see how difficult the waiting part is. I just want it to get here!
I love that there are re-caps posted here. When I started out planning, I was so scared and unsure how it would all turn out. And just plain nervous. But after reading so many re-caps, I feel prepared for anything and know the basic way a wedding day runs. I feel like a wedding expert now! And I am SO SO excited for our day. I can't wait to "graduate" and become a Mrs!!!
my date twin jocemae!, msdl, fromcoldtofire, mrsamandakurtz, timily, santosha, my wedding city twin mahoganieyes, athena85, misshammy, kcollette, foxyja86, adamsapple, kristen_tater, sanfran, shenanigans, mademoisellenicole, nicoleleblanc, milkgal, ridegrl1, woskov, thisiscooling and all of the other wonderful ladies on PW. Just because I didn't mention you does not mean that I don't appreciate all the love and support you have given me. Thank you for the kind comments, sweet toasts, and caring PM's you all sent me. I love you all dearly and I will see you on the Mrs. side with a long re-cap and some non-pro pics!!!!!