LAZARO 3050

So I assume that they added the lazaro 3050 because someone on this board asked for a price quote. 

wedding-apparel.DressilyMe.com/exquisite-charm-elegant-lovely-wedding-dress-pd-8662/

What I want to know is... do you guys think they can make this dress? I've personally tried this dress on before and fell in love with it, and I think it would be hard to replicate. Especially since a lot of you think that they are week in organza. What do you guys think? For all of those that have ordered. I've asked for a sample mermaid and ruffles style that they've done, and they didn't send me a picture of a mermaid.

Please let me know if you guys think they can do it. I am having a hard time deciding.

Also, have any of you had experience with bigdaydress.com? They've sent me samples of lots of ruffles they've done and it looks pretty good, but I'm not finding any reviews on them.

Posted on October 5, 2010 at 6:15 pm
fleurduhlay
05/29/2011
fleurduhlay

fleurduhlay

Followers
Following

(32) Comments

BillysBride2011
05/30/2011
Followers
Following

BillysBride2011

I'm planning to order a knock off of a dress by Rivini..style name is Lismora and it's VERY similar to the Lazaro dress you want. I've had the same concerns, but to be honest after pouring over this thread, I can't imagine them not being able to pull off something satisfactory even if it's not completely "perfect".  I can't afford "perfect" since it carries a 6K price tag haha!

I saw the Lazaro gown on their website just last nite, but I think it's as recent addition...you can just submit photos of any gown you would like duplicated as far as I know (thats what I did yesterday). I know I've seen posts with ladies mentioning submitting requests so I don't think it has to be anything already on their site. I'm sure they add dresses as they receive requests for them.

I know they will be taking like a 3 week break from production beginning on Jan.29 for Chinese New Year so I'm hoping to at least be able to hear back from them regarding price and a few of the details before then. They also give you the option of getting photos to review of your actual gown during the production process, so if you aren't happy you are able to tell them how you would like it "tweaked". Thats what sold me on ordering from them over some of the other manufacturers (I was leaning toward littlecoral before researching Dressily).

How 'bout we keep each other updated? I know I'll be posting about the process as it goes. I know your post is a few months old, but hopefully you're still around.

Here is the Rivini dress I'm ordering..

I m planning to photo 2639728-1I m planning to photo 2639728-2

I m planning to photo 2639728-3I m planning to photo 2639728-4

And here is the Lazaro just for comparison:

I m planning to photo 2639728-5I m planning to photo 2639728-6

Just to clarify why I'm picking one over the other (not that I really have to explain it to fellow brides who see everything through nitpicky eyes!) but I just like that the Rivini design's organza/tulle overlay and ruffles aren't as opaque ...it's more "filmy". You can see the sheen of the satin in the bodice under the overlay. Also I think the Lazaro's neckline is cut sharper and I prefer a more rounded sweetheart.

Posted on January 23, 2011 at 3:18 am
gogi218
10/08/2011
gogi218

gogi218

Followers
Following

gogi218

These are two classic designs I love. I actually ordered my Watters Cabo but in the process of ordering a backup from them and the Lazoro 3050 was my other pick. However, I love the Rivini much better. Let us know the price they quote you at, if you don't mind.

Posted on January 23, 2011 at 10:11 am
BillysBride2011
05/30/2011
Followers
Following

BillysBride2011

Absolutely, gogi. And please...update when you get your dress in! Have you gotten any pics of it yet? How long ago did you order?

Posted on January 23, 2011 at 11:24 am
gogi218
10/08/2011
gogi218

gogi218

Followers
Following

gogi218

Billy,

I will def post pics when I get my dress of the Cabo. However, I sent them a request last week with the Lazoro but haven't finalized it yet, I may send them the pictures of the Rivini. They just sent me an invoice. I hope you don't mind :o)

Posted on January 23, 2011 at 1:10 pm
BillysBride2011
05/30/2011
Followers
Following

BillysBride2011

Gogi- girl, why on earth would I mind?! Thats the beauty of sharing things with other brides online...there is absolutely no wedding/dress competition! lol I'm sure we'll both look freakin stunning in that gown!

I heard back from them today..they quoted me $170 & change excluding shipping and were very clear about production being delayed until after Chinese New Year..they said their normal production time was 20-25 days, so I responded saying they could send me the item number and I'd just wait to finalize/pay til they were back from the holiday since it's gonna pretty much be two months regardless. Eeee! I'm really excited about this!

Did they send you any pics of your Cabo dress in production?

Posted on January 24, 2011 at 11:05 am
gogi218
10/08/2011
gogi218

gogi218

Followers
Following

gogi218

Thanks Billy! You are so fab!! Hehehe. We will def. look stunning no matter what we wear. 

I am glad you told me how much they quoted you. Did you send in your actual measurements or did you up the measurements in order to alter it when you get it? They haven't sent me the pictures yet, per the New Year/Holiday hours now. 

I am so excited for you!!! 

I have good feelings about this.

Posted on January 24, 2011 at 1:36 pm
BillysBride2011
05/30/2011
Followers
Following

BillysBride2011

Gogi- I had a message waiting for me when I logged in this morning...Susan from "pre-sales" (same person I corresponded with the first time) sent me satin swatch boards photos to pick a color so they can set up my item number. I'm assuming they just use the photos of the dress to set up a seperate listing for you specifically to purchase. I haven't sent measurements yet- I figure I may just wait til the after the holiday since nothing is going to get done til then anyway. I'd rather send it all and have the rush of having everything done and a dress in my hand in just a few weeks instead of waiting and waiting and waiting. Plus I want to be sure we're clear on the details as far as my wanting a corset back instead of zippered as well as requesting photos during production.

I think I'm going to over shoot on the measurements by just a little. Like everyone always says, it's easier to take a dress in rather than let it out. With the lace up back it shouldn't be a problem either way and I'm hoping to luck out and not even need alterations. I was planning on getting professionally measured, but I've heard so many girls say they just had a friend do it and the dresses came out fine....dunno. Guess I have a couple of weeks to figure it out.

And yes, we will look friggin stunning!

Posted on January 25, 2011 at 6:32 am
gogi218
10/08/2011
gogi218

gogi218

Followers
Following

gogi218

I am so excited to see how your dress will turn out Billy! It's such a beauty.

Posted on January 26, 2011 at 8:32 am
BillysBride2011
05/30/2011
Followers
Following

BillysBride2011

Just an update:

They contacted me twice in the last twenty four hours..first to ask what my "wearing date" is for the gown since they are trying to estimate what their production timeline will be like in the weeks following the long holiday. I didn't want to make it sound like mine could be the last in line (hehe) so I just said I wouldn't need it  or several months (even though it's more like 8). 

Then I got another message with the item number of the dress since they are uploading a listing for me. She said I'll need to use that and supply my measurements and also confirm the color choice that I said I wanted. I'm guessing thats when I'll have the opportunity to also go over the changes I want to the back. I imagine now that the dress will be available for anyone to order on their site...they probably just build their style listings from submissions.  She told me to give it five days for the listing to appear and to contact them if it didn't. 

Posted on January 26, 2011 at 11:50 am
gogi218
10/08/2011
gogi218

gogi218

Followers
Following

gogi218

Thanks for the update! Yes, they sent me the same information to when I put in my dress order in. I sorta fibbed a little on my wedding date. My listing is still on the site due to the holiday for the workers.

Did you pick out a color yet for the dress? 

Posted on January 26, 2011 at 3:16 pm
BillysBride2011
05/30/2011
Followers
Following

BillysBride2011

Yea, gogi..I'm going with #84. I was torn because I want it ivory, but I want it a really light ivory.  It's SO hard to really tell the differences just looking at swatches online. I really hope it's not too dark.

Which color did you go with?

Posted on January 27, 2011 at 6:41 am
kleana
06/10/2011
kleana

kleana

Followers
Following

kleana

Hello ladies!!! I am so happy i found this website and people like you who help each others!!! I am in the same situation as you I love the Lazaro 3050 and the Rivini but i can't afford to buy them. That is why i am considering to buy my wedding dress custom made from the internet. I don't have much time to decide becouse my wedding is in June. I would be very greatfull if you help me. What website did you order the dress from, so i can have a look as well? I searched a lot in the internet and i am so counfused. 

Thanks a lot for your hepl.

Posted on February 15, 2011 at 10:34 pm
bride1986
05/22/2010
bride1986

bride1986

Followers
Following

bride1986

hi there, here are some sites from good companies:

www.landybridal.com

www.duosheng.cn

www.dressilyme.com

maybe you will take a look at duosheng for this dress. They have made a lot of dresses simililar to that what you want. Landybridal is also very good, they made the dress for my mother. Maybe you should write them a mail to get quotes and what they`re thinking of making that style of dress. Its always good if you have a lot op pictures from the dress you want, so they could really imagined what it has to look like. your welcome to write me a pn if you need any help. I`ve buyed 4 dresses from china and they where all good! 

some of the landybridal-dresses in that style:

hi there here are photo 2713654-1hi there here are photo 2713654-2hi there here are photo 2713654-3

Posted on February 16, 2011 at 2:42 am
kleana
06/10/2011
kleana

kleana

Followers
Following

kleana

Thank you very much bride1986. I think I am going to get Rivini dress style Lismora. Like Billy I like the ruffles better than Lazaro 3050. I checked the websites you adviced me but i couldn't find this dress in their offers. Do you have any idea what to do?

Billy can you please tell me from which website you order your Rivini dress? 

Posted on February 16, 2011 at 10:51 am
bride1986
05/22/2010
bride1986

bride1986

Followers
Following

bride1986

this is not a problem, search for more details photos on the net and make a pdf file with anything you want. descripe it as exactly as you can and send an inquire to landybridal.com under contact you can find the email adress. They have a great support to help you and the prices are also good. i think they would make it best. 

here are some photos of the dress in real:

this is not a photo 2716139-1this is not a photo 2716139-2this is not a photo 2716139-3this is not a photo 2716139-4

Posted on February 16, 2011 at 8:13 pm
kleana
06/10/2011
kleana

kleana

Followers
Following

kleana

That is a great idea!!!! Thank you soooo much!!! I haven't seen the original dress because they don't sell Rivini dresses in Europe :( Do you know the exact material the bodice and the rrufles are made? The bodice of the dress want be a problem to make, but do you think they can do the ruffles like in the picture? 

Posted on February 17, 2011 at 3:51 am
bride1986
05/22/2010
bride1986

bride1986

Followers
Following

bride1986

your welcome :) i also haven`t seen the original dress, but because of my experience i think the bodice is silk with organza overlay. Maybe you should say you want the highest quality of silk organza for that. and if your unsure about the ruffles, ask them for patterns of this special pleated organza. I`d took a look at a dress with that ruffles and they are really fine quality. and yes i think they could do the job, just take a look at the third picture i posted above from landybridal, i think that is similar to the style you want. 

and not forgetting: i know that the best quality of fabric always comes from china! so ask for it and dont be hesitate to get some patterns, its your dress in the end and you want it to be perfect :)

Posted on February 17, 2011 at 5:42 am
BillysBride2011
05/30/2011
Followers
Following

BillysBride2011

Kleana - I haven't completed my order yet, but I am getting it from Dressilyme. Since they were going on holiday for this last few weeks, I decided to put my money where it would be the most beneficial (which seems like every where) and get my ceremony site paid for. I'll be ordering my gown next week when they are back in production. I'm impatient and I know I'd have been ticked at not being able to hear anything from them if I had done it before the Chinese new year.

Just a head's up...I think a lot of the sites do great work. BUT, I'm wary of any reviews that don't include the reviewers own experience. There is alot of spamming that goes on on the boards and thats the reason this forum is great; you get to see the dresses from the original version to the version the bride actually receives. Dressilyme is recommended due to their process and communication. You get to see photos of the dress in production so you have the opportunity to request changes or spot things that aren't being done the way you want before it's shipped to you. Thats HUGE for me.

Stalk the boards and look at the pics of requested gowns and finished products. Never trust the actual manufacturer's website reviews because I think most of them are bogus. lol There are a lot of happy brides that ordered from Dressilyme and ultimately that made my decision for me. It's hard finding reviews from people you KNOW are brides who can show you their photos.

Posted on February 17, 2011 at 12:43 pm
BillysBride2011
05/30/2011
Followers
Following

BillysBride2011

And the Rivini is organza over satin to the best of my knowledge:)

Posted on February 17, 2011 at 12:45 pm
bride1986
05/22/2010
bride1986

bride1986

Followers
Following

bride1986

billysbride: i dont know what you exactly want with that statement, bu I AM a real bride. i have my dress made from dressilyme, but i`m also in other forums and there are some brides, they ordered a complicated ruffle style like this rivini dress and it doesen`t came out so good. Dressilyme is a newer company than landybridal. i was searching the whole internet before i done my first chinadress-order ever, and i was thinking to going with them, and this was my first result:

billysbride i dont know photo 2719500-1

i couldn`t wear it because it was a little to small on my hips, that was my fault. I bought it to a secondhand wedding boutique and she was very impressed with the quality and style of the dress. i sold it for more money than i paid. also my sister in law and mother in law, their dresses were stunning! in the end my mother decided to do a order for a designer dress and it came out perfect:

billysbride i dont know photo 2719500-2

so, it was my Advice to go with them, because i made the best experience with them. Dressilyme is good, if you like a simple dress or lace dress, but with ruffles they are not so adeptly. 

Posted on February 17, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Have a question? Contact Support
Top Contributors this Week
NicholeB
18 posts
Linnn
17 posts
Canooknic
16 posts
Uhlease
15 posts
zeuster