My DIY Pearl Bouquet...Started... :)
I started my DIY Pearl bouquet yesterday. I ordered all my beads from Joann.com, they were on sale...I think they still are for $1.99 per pkg. I got 10mm, and 12mm. The 10mm had 240 per pk, and the 12mm had 180 per pk. one thing I didn't realize though is that I will need A LOT of wire. I used 24 gauge wire and I had 34 yards of it. Lets just say it was gone very quick. I cut my wire into 16 inch strips, because unlike the recommended way of threading the bead then folding the wire in half before twisting...I simply started twisting maybe 2 inches of wire right under where the bead is. saved me a lot of wire, and I also put more than one bead on the strands. On some I put one, some two, and on some with the 10mm, I even got three on. I will be adding orange, turquoise, and champagne colored pearls in it also. The first and second picture is my inspiration pic...and the third is where I am after a couple of hours on day one...I beaded until I ran outta wire. (I zoomed in so the beads look bigger than they actually are) This is around 150-200 beads...i need to count. I must say though its not hard at all, and I could be done with it in about a week after I get enough wire. Anyway...let me know what ya think.