Via The Last Angry Fan:
In what is sure to be the first of many among minor league teams, the ECHL’s Bakersfield Condors have announced that their March 12 game against the Idaho Steelheads will be “Charlie Sheen Night” at Rabobank Arena.
Sure, a minor league baseball team pulling off this stunt would have been more apropos, but the Condors’ promotional geniuses understand that timing is everything. Might as well jump on the Charlie Sheen crazy train and ride it to profitville.
The Bakersfield organization has even reached out to Sheen in the hopes that he would join in on the fun, but so far they’ve heard nothing from Sheen’s camp. They even scheduled “Charlie Sheen Night” to coincide with St. Patrick’s Day festivities, for obvious reasons.
“We picked this date for the Charlie Sheen Night because we figured St. Patrick’s Day was a Holiday that Charlie enjoyed celebrating,” said Condors President Matthew Riley. “We would invite him come up to the game and participate in a ceremonial puck drop and just have fun for the night with our fans. We’ll even give him the ticket special for dressing up like himself.”
Don’t give up hope just yet Mr. Riley. Charlie Sheen is such a loose cannon, there’s a good chance he shows up for his special night, and more than likely dons some hockey equipment and skates for the Condors. Having Adonis DNA and tiger’s blood will help.
Here’s what fans can expect on “Charlie Sheen Night”…
- Wear a fedora, or dress like any Charlie Sheen movie character and receive admission for two and a half bucks ($2.50).
- Bring a clean drug test and receive free admission.
- 2-for-1 Tiger Blood Icees and snow cones for the kids.
- The first 1,000 males will receive a Charlie Sheen face on a stick mask.
- Follow the Condors on twitter and we’re confident you won’t be nearly as entertained as if you followed Charlie Sheen on twitter. However, the Condors are inviting everyone to sign up to follow the Condors on twitter (http://twitter.com/condors), and if we beat Charlie’s Guinness World Record of reaching one million followers in less than 25 hours and 17 minutes, we’ll let Charlie rename the team, as he seems to have a lot of creative ideas lately.
- Bring $2 million (reportedly as much as Charlie doesn’t earn with each cancelled episode) and you can own the Condors!
- Charlie’s dubbed “Goddesses” (Natalie Kenly and Rachel Oberlin) have been named as honorary captains for the game. We’re guessing the Steelheads won’t mind if they get to hang out on the bench.
- A rock band from Mars will play in front of the arena on the plaza before the game.
- Before this game, the Condors aren’t going to practice, attempting to channel Sheen’s no-rehearsal-required spirit. After all, to quote the great Allen Iverson, “We’re talkin’ about practice?!”
Of course, in keeping with the whole Charlie Sheen theme, the Condors plan on “winning” the game. Judging by that list above, it seems to me they already have.