Preparing for cold weather weddings!
I was just at an outdoor wedding this past weekend where the cold weather took everyone by surprise! The BMs and bride were in strapless dresses with no wraps and the pastor had to shorten the ceremony on the fly because everyone was so cold!
Fall weather can turn on a dime in many places, and the weather shouldn't be your source of cold feet on your wedding day, so here are some tips for preparing for unexpected cold weather on your wedding day!
- Pick dresses that come with an optional wrap or shrug.
- Use wooden chairs instead of metal, which can get really cold and make your guests uncomfortable
- consider renting small gas heaters to warm your guests during the ceremony
- Consider handing out gloves or hand warmers as favors!
- Incorporate blankets into your decor that guests could use
- Have a warm signature drink ready to hand to guests as they enter the reception or leave the ceremony site
- Instead of traditional wedding shoes, try incorporating fun fall boots for the BMs or even the bride!
*source - myself and casasugar.com for a few ideas!
What else can you ladies think of for this list??