PSA~ Saving $Money$ on the dream HM
There are a lot of ways to really save money when shopping for your honeymoon
Here are a few of the things that I have either read or actually did….(** I did lol)
- **Prioritize - What are your goals and budget, What do you need i.e. beach, all inclusive, international drinks, pool, lots of food….. For some people the honeymoon is that “once in a lifetime dream” trip for others its time to relax with your new husband…so a few nights at a lodge or bed and breakfast is perfect (and inexpensive). Once you know what you want and how much you have to spend you can start looking…
- **Go off season. If you’re getting married off season or wait a little while. I got married July 30th and didn’t want to leave our sunny weather and spend a fortune so we took our honeymoon in the end of September. We saved over $3000 by going then…..
- a new trend is a honeymoon registry. You just have to be careful of hidden fees either when you take the money out or for the people depositing. You want ALL the money that someone is gifting. i knwo a few people who did this a loved it while other just asked (through word of mouth) for cash and did it that way
- **go all inclusive to make sure that you don’t have any added expenses. You can budget and know that you won’t go over because everything (excluding tips) is included in your initial price
- **Educate yourself on where you are going…some airports have fees for you to leave the country. Some places require deposits for towels etc….others may be ALL INCLUSIVE but room service has a fee….find out what you may have to pay out and don’t get caught with a bill at the end of your stay.
- If you book early you can get some serious savings. Most resorts offer different prices depending on how far away the trip is. There are definite “last minute” deals out there but have seen prices sky rocket as well …then what….either stay home or suck it up and spend a fortune….
- consider leaving from a different airport. Sometimes going out of your way to a smaller airport can save a fortune
- **Let EVERYONE know that its your honeymoon. Most resorts will either give you a free room upgrade, bottles of champagne vodka, rum etc in your room, dinner on the beach, private lunch etc….as a honeymoon gift and thank you for choosing there resort. So speak up and you may get A lot more for your money.
Posted on April 19, 2012 at 2:36 am