questions to ask your MUA before booking!
hiring the RIGHT makeup artist for your wedding, is huge! there are alot of them out there, but few that will be perfect for you. take it from me, the girl i hired looked great on paper. she was a MAC artist (what i wanted) she did my friends and SILs wedding look, so i knew i loved her work, and her prices were reasonable! i should have seen the red flags from the get-go though. we NEVER had a trial. i booked it 3 times, and every time she either cancelled day of, the day before, or "forgot". i didnt let it get to me because i saw her work and i knew i needed a MAC artist who would travel to me. day of my wedding.. she was almost an entire hour late! which made ME show up at my 11am wedding, at 1130, when i was supposed to be there at 10am. she was going to do my BMs, but only had time to do my MOH. she showed up to my house stinking of booze, and was clearly hungover. i honestly dont know how this woman is a professional, but apparently she is.
so, heres a list of pretty important questions you should DRILL your future MUA with. BTDT (been there done that) brides, feel free to add for our Future Mrs'!!
1) How do I book you for my wedding date? Do you require a deposit? What about a contract?
2) Will it be YOU at my wedding or another artist? What happens if you can’t make it on my day?
3) How many weddings have you done? Do you normally work with brides?
4) What do you charge? & will it be additional for you to travel to me?
5) What size of bridal party do you accommodate? How long will it take to get makeup for my bridal party of <fill in the blank>?
6) Can you duplicate a makeup look from pictures in a magazine? some arent comfortable doing this and like to go with their own style.
7) What methods of payment do you accept?
8) What kinds/brands of products do you use? Is this makeup good for pictures or photography?
9) How do I keep my makeup fresh for the whole day? How will the product wear? What about color-matched products to touch up with? will i be able to buy any products you use on me to do my own touch ups with?
10) I have skin allergies or severe acne. Can you work with me? Do you airbrush? Can you contour my face? How about covering blemishes or my tattoo? Do you apply false lashes? Do you do wedding hair?
11) What happens at the Trial Run or Preview Session? Do I come to you for this appointment? How much is the Trial or is it included in your services? How long will the Trial Run take? What is included in the Trial Run?
12) How many events will you work on my wedding day?