Seeking Author for DIY Weddings How-to Book
Open Air Publishing, a digital publishing company, is looking to hire a freelance writer to author a book about ways that brides and other members of the wedding party can help personalize their weddings with creative, homemade touches. Open Air creates original how-to books designed exclusively for touch-screen devices such as the iPad and the iPhone. Our digital books allow readers to touch, watch, listen and learn to master new skills, straight from the experts. See our titles at openairpub.com.
- Please send resume, three writing samples, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please label subject line: “Application: Weddings Author”
The author will work with an editor, videographers, photographers, graphic designers, and/or developers to create a fully-interactive how-to book made for the iPad and iPhone. The candidate will bring his/her knowledge of DIY techniques and projects to create the structure, theme, and content of the book, as well as guide the production of multimedia to integrate with editorial. This will be a highly collaborative, hands-on experience that will be nothing like the traditional publishing process- we think in a good way. In the end you will have authored a full-length e-book.
Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional writing experience, preferably for the web
- A history of covering or teaching knitting and crafts
- Creativity to work in newer platform (iPad, iPhone)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and ability to improvise as new features or possibilities arise
- Organized and able to juggle multiple assets at once; attention to detail; process-oriented
- Writes well on a deadline
- Works well with others
- Deep-rooted affinity for Google Docs