Showing Your Patriotic Spirit
Our blog, One Lovely Day had this amazing blog post yesterday with these great tips/ideas for a 4th of July or even Red/White/Blue wedding. Check them out!
1. Serve apple pie pops instead of or in addition to cake. If you do choose to serve a traditional wedding cake, festoon it with blueberries and strawberries for a patriotic color scheme!
2. No need to slap an American flag on your invitation—a subtle blend of red, white, and blue hues (or just a combination of two of those) will get the message across that your wedding will be a patriotic celebration.
3. Get the groom and groomsmen into the spirit by having them wear some combination of red, white, and blue attire. There are lots of options, from seersucker to red pants to patriotic bowties. Flag lapel pins can be a unique alternative to floral boutonnieres.
4. Stick tiny American flags in your centerpieces or to drink stirrers.
5. Have your flower girls wave American flags instead of scattering petals.
6. Dress your bridesmaids in a combination of red and blue dresses (you’ll be the one in white!).
7. Keep things casual—there’s nothing more all-American than a relaxed barbecue.
8. Name your tables after US Presidents! Or, pick your table numbers based on important years in American history and share a historical fact about that year. 1863, for example, is the year Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address.
9. Have a photo booth with a red, white, and blue backdrop and provide fun, patriotic-themed dress-up items for your guests to sport. Think George Washington wig or Abraham Lincoln’s hat.
10. And of course, a sparkler send-off to end the evening in style! Or ask your guests to wave American flags instead of the sparklers while your band or DJ plays a patriotic tune.