Hi newbies! (and oldies!)
Welcome! PW is such a fun, warm, supportive place. We know you will be addicted soon, if you are not already! Many of us lurked for a long time before posting on the forums, so don't worry if you are not comfortable coming out of the shadows yet! It can be intimidating, so just remember that there are ladies at all levels of PW activity and wedding planning.
I HIGHLY recommend reading Pinksanity's sticky posts here on the Newbie Corner boards. They are full of great information!
Here are a few things that may help shy newbies/lurkers in particular:
- The boards are slower in the evening and on weekends. Posting at these times usually means you will be exposed to fewer people. This can be a good or bad thing, depending on your preference!
- Introducing yourself is a great way to "join" the forums. A quick announcement with your name and wedding date always works. The awesome ladies here will happily welcome you, visit your bio or send you a toast!
- If you want to join the conversation but don't want to post an intro, try commenting on the bigger threads! (Dresses, DIY projects and polls are always popular.)
- The groups are very welcoming to newcomers, and can be a great place to start posting.
- Build your bio and add friends! PW gals LOVE looking at bios!
If you are ready to dive in, please introduce yourself here!
The ladies of PW await your arrival! :-)