so 2011, we're getting closer ladies. almost a year out for some!! YAY!

I often wonder what you are all up too. In just 2 weeks some will be hitting the year or close to the year mark. Are you ladies ready for that?? Thats when everything seems to happen and go crazy.
  In around April is when I get to start feeling more the wedding vibe and crazyness. My wedding is only in Oct. 2011 however our venue we are interested in, will only book a year and a half mark out. So that will be April.
  I have it planned to talk to the preacher we'd like to do our wedding and at that church. About 2 weeks or soo in advance of the venue. I really would like to get married in a church but it seems like it's very hard if you are not a member. or just very pricey.

What are you ladies all up too?? The holidays making you all kinda put the wedding ideas on the back burner I bet..

I hope you all have a very happy and safe and bless holidays that follow whatever you may believe it.. Happy Holidays!!
Be safe and continue to love all those around you!

Patty

Posted on December 21, 2009 at 1:43 pm
mayo27
10/10/2015
mayo27

mayo27

Followers
Following

(6) Comments

LadyHope
01/01/2011
LadyHope

LadyHope

Followers
Following

LadyHope

We've been trying to make an appointment to see a photographer we really want. She was on tour with her husband's band for a few weeks, and just got back. She lives in my hometown, Fiance and I live about an hour away... and it turns out over the holidays WE will be going to my hometown while SHE comes to our town! Gah! Just missing each other!!

January 1 will be 1 year out... I'm feeling it!

Posted on December 21, 2009 at 5:46 pm
thenewmrs.elepano
06/25/2011
thenewmrs.elepano

thenewmrs.elepano

Followers
Following

thenewmrs.elepano

Right now I'm conflicted... I posted on the main forum that the venue that I originally wanted was closed down and had to fall back on my second choice. The second choice venue includes everything and you ahve to use their vendors, but the price is pretty expensive since I'm still in school (upwards of 14K)! My sister told me this past weekend that my first choice reopened with a new name. I know that it will be perfect but now I have to locate my own vendors leaving less room for details!

Much like mayo I'm getting married towards the end of 2011 so I have wait until the middle of next year to start planning hard(er) core than I already am! But I will say that I want to get as many DIY items crossed of my list as possible!

Posted on December 22, 2009 at 4:12 am
mahoganieyes
09/10/2011
mahoganieyes

mahoganieyes

Followers
Following

mahoganieyes

Mayo, that sucks that they will make you wait. Did you ask could you book now? Because my venue's website said you can only reserve a function 9months in advance. Well we reserved the room back in May 2009 for Sept 2011. The banquet manager is aware, we've spoken multiple times back and forth about budget and food. So I guess money talks?

Posted on December 22, 2009 at 12:08 pm
mayo27
10/10/2015
mayo27

mayo27

Followers
Following

mayo27

mahoganieyes- Yes, we talked on the phone twice and have emailed many times. I had asked when we were able to book, that we were interested in booking asap. She said sorry that they only for a year and a half out. So I hurried and figured that out and then now it just gives us a chance to save more and put more down. It's a 10% deposite then we can pay whenever-however, as long as it's paid the week of. 72 hrs is the finial head count.

It's so nice seeing everyone respond.

thenewmrs- If you can I'd go back to the first venue even if it's under a new name, if it's a bit less then the other and since it was your first choice. You can get great detail out of vendors I'm sure. A little more research in it and I bet you could put things together for alot less with your first venue then the second.    All in All whichever you choose I really hope it's a great day for you and that all your dreams and visions come true.. Best of Luck!

Ladyhope- I'm sorry you and the photo- keep missing eachother. I hope you are able to catch eachother sometime soon.. Best of luck..

I don't have a photographer yet. They scare me lol.. They are sooooo pricey.. They will probally be our only actual Vendor. We are considering a band- if we don't do band we're doing like an IPOD mp3 type thing for music..
I know I want to get married in a church, neither of us are members which seems like it's so much harder being able to get a church to marry us. So, a pastor who use to manage our apartment building (where my parents live). I mentioned to him I'd love for him to marry us and I think his church is just goregous. He said typically they only marry members, however he'll work with us since he knew me for 6 yrs. I have not talked to him since, he surely is a busy guy and being so far out I wanted to talk to him around the same time we were getting the venue for sure. So I plan to talk to him and set up a meeting with him in March or so.
The only things we were have to worry about are, music, flowers (all fake from Michaels), invites (my neice will be doing them, and buying them from Michaels or Walmart), STDs doing these off of cafepress.com. And then the dress's, hair, makeup and guys stuff and favors.  All the other decorations will be taken care of from the venue so no need to worry about the center peices, they cater themselves so thats good there.
Writing it or typing it seems like it's soo little to do.. But then thinking of actually getting it all done seems like it's alot more.
I'm very excited, through it puts me down most of the times with our situation at the moment and my friends-the girls, they of course have their own lives and I don't want them to stop their lives for me. I would like them to mention it sometimes. It kinda just I don't know gets me down sometimes when I think I can't mention it due to them having their own problems. It'd be really nice to be able for them to show they're happy for me. But I'm not trying to be "Its all about me forget your life" cuz thats so not what i want.

ANYWAY just venting a little bit here.
Thank you again for all your repsonces. Its nice to see where everyone is in the process since we are getting closer :-D..
YAY LADYHOPE---ONE MORE YEAR in just 2 weeks.. awesome!!

Posted on December 22, 2009 at 12:42 pm
mcdanieltobigelow
02/29/2012
mcdanieltobigelow

mcdanieltobigelow

Followers
Following

mcdanieltobigelow

My goodness.  You ladies sound like you really have your stuff planned out.  I picked a photographer for sure.  Just need to meet with him which probably won't happen till this summer since I'm still in school.  I'm conflicted about the location, which is my only problem.  Everything else is planned, for the most part.  We picked out a cake and just have to wait till it gets closer to speak with a baker.  We have a few ideas for caterers but we have to meet with them as well.  Happy planning ladies!

Posted on December 27, 2009 at 10:31 am
jesandshan
08/20/2011
jesandshan

jesandshan

Followers
Following

jesandshan

Ladies you are far better off than me! I don't even have a date yet!! I keep changing my mind, do I want this or that.

Right now I am debating if I want a wedding at all! Both Jes & I have a ton of credit card debt that we would  hope to have paid down before we where married. But with my pending unemployment, we don't think that paying of the credit cards will be paid off in the time line we set.

My parnets have offered to help pay for the wedding, which is beyond nice of them since that every cent we have is going to the credit cards. However since my brother who graduated in May 2009 hasn't been able to find a job. His personal school loans are coming due, so my parnets are loaning him the money to submit payments. On top of all that they are looking to retire and move back to the house in CA... so with everything that they have going on, I really feel bad about them paying for a nice wedding. SO, it might be city hall and a nice dinner. Who knows...

Happy Planning!

Posted on December 27, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Have a question? Contact Support
Top Contributors this Week
LauraSweet
15 posts
Canooknic
14 posts
Levisjoe
14 posts
Uhlease
8 posts