Strawberry margarita jello shooters
Wouldn't these be fantastic for a bachelorette party? They are so darn cute!
Recipe and image found at www.bakersroyale.com
*Use real Jello mix instead of store brought brand. They tend not to stand up as firmly.
* Use the freshest strawberries you can find!
* Best made the night before and served the next day
* Fill strawberries as high as possible because the Jello will sink a bit in the middle
1. Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat so they will stand upright. Make sure not to cut a hole in the bottom.
2. Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry
3. After they have been emptied, use a towel to pat dry the outside of strawberries
1. 1 box of Strawberry Jello
2. 8 ounces of tequila, preferabley blanco or reposado
3. 8 ounce Cointreau
4. Salt for garnish
- Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
- Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
Makes 24 - 30 strawberry shooters.