The Easiest Way to Lose 10 LBS a Year
I came across this article on Yahoo today. It explains how you can loose 10 lbs in a year if you cut out 100 calories a day. That's it. Here are some of the examples they came up with:
- Eat only half of a candy bar or an energy bar (both pack a lot of calories).
- Use 1 tablespoon of salad dressing instead of 2 (toss the salad really well and you won't even notice the difference).
- Choose small 1-ounce pitas instead of the larger 2-ounce size.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter instead of 2 on bread or crackers.
- Leave the last few bites of pasta on your plate.
- Use 1 pat of butter instead of 3 on a baked potato.
- Order a tall cappuccino instead of a grande next time you visit Starbucks.
- Scramble 1 egg for yourself, not 2.
- Make all your sandwiches open-faced -- omit the top slice of bread.
- Skip the last 3 bites of any main course.
- Snack on 1 fist-sized bunch of grapes, not 2.
- Grab 5 Hershey's dark chocolate Kisses instead of 10.
- Choose a white wine spritzer over a 5-ounce glass of wine.
- Have a 6-inch Roast Beef sandwich at Subway instead of a 6-inch Classic Steak & Cheese.
- Order a small cup at Dairy Queen instead of a small cone.
Read the article here.
Can you come up with some more ideas? Obviously it would be better if you could all around omit things like the chocolate or coffee, but if you must, then simply eat or drink less of it.