Things may go wrong
There are so many new faces on the boards! One thing I know for sure, no matter how much we plan, things may go wrong. For all my new brides, during your whole wedding planning process, I want you to remember this,the real prize is marrying the love of your life. I know sometimes looking at others wedding day, it may appear all was well when there were probably actually some bloopers along the way. So if you find yourself disappointed or stressed because things are not going right during your planning, I want you to know all of us marrieds have been where you are! I would like for all my marrieds to share some of their mishaps, if there were any, and how regardless, we all had the perfect day!
- Forgot aisle runner that was purchased for the ceremony (didn't even realize it until the next day)
- Forgot stand and vase for the roses for the rose ceremony (improvised - maid of honor handed me mine to give to DH and best man handed him his to give to me)
- Got dirt or oil on the bottom of my dress (stepson sewed an applique over it)
- Limousine ran hot on the way to pick me up, so the ceremony started at 4:30 instead of four
-Music didn't play when I walked down the aisle (hired a guitarist for the beginning of the ceremony so he started playing when he realized the music didn't start)
- DH forgot to give the liquor to my friend who did the reception for us (stepson went and picked it up from the house and got it there in the nick of time!)
-It was so hot the day of the wedding, all the bridesmaid bouquets wilted (they salvaged the ones that didn't and carried one bloom down the aisle)
No matter what went wrong it was all forgotten, because the thing that went right is I married the love of my life!