THIRSTY THURSDAY: tea-infused edition!
The hubs and I are somewhat cutting back on our alcohol intake (when you realize you use it too much as a coping mechanism, you then try to keep it out of the house!), but here are some cocktails that mesh with my new favorite before bed drink: a hot cup of tea!
Winter Fruit Tea
- 2 oz. bourbon/whiskey/rum
- 4 oz. brewed tea (full bodied teas are best)
- 3 oz. apple cider or juice
- 3 oz. pear or apricot nectar
- Lemon Wedge
- Lime Tree Cove Gingerbread Cocktail Sugar OR Fresh Lemon Cocktail Sugar
- Brew the tea. Mix all the liquid ingredients except the alcohol and heat on stovetop or in microwave until very hot but not boiling.
- Wet rim of mug or coffee cup with the lemon slice, then and use your Barmaid Drink Rimmer to rim the glass with Lime Tree Cove Gingerbread Cocktail Sugar OR Fresh Lemon Cocktail Sugar
- Pour the spirits into the mug, and add the hot liquid; stir.
- Dust the top of the cocktail with Lime Tree Cove Gingerbread sugar if desired.
- Sit down, curl up, and sip slowly.